• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danger Dem nv-68 wb? Will it fit the new 7800?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

odin30

Registered
Does anyone have any idea if the nv-68 gpu block from dd fit the new 7800gtx?
If it does i will be buying a 7800 if not i will pass.
Any info would be appreciated.

i would first assume probably not, because im sure the gpu might be bigger? so then the mounting holes will shift of course.

but i can be way wrong in that assumption, i personally havent seen anything about the 7800's yet.

asked danger den and they dont have a 7800 yet but it does seem like the same layout.
As soon as someone knows could you pm me please when you get your new 7800's :)

They are in the UK (since yesterday pm). There is no mention of 7800 on DD site but Innovatek have a new G70 block which looks identical to the NV68 but as they now have 2 models I would assume something is different ?

ok i heard from a reliable source that the maze 4 gpu with the 6800 top works so that means the nv-68 should too, depending on ram placement, it looks the same.

From what I've seen, the 7800 uses the same mounting holes (if not the same basic PCB design) as the 6800. Those mounting holes first showed up on the GeForce PCX5900.

so i guess it doesnt fit huh? according to the DD site the ram height is off by about a human hair. Anyone think a nv68 would still work or would that small height difference make a huge difference.?

you're gonna have to fill the gap with TIM and the ram temps will stuck. that is assuming the ram is a hair lower, if it's a hair higher than you'll have bad core contact.

Back