• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how OCZ handles RMA ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bbq

wtf i can't believe a big brand handles RMA like *****. i request RMA on Friday and now is Tuesday but i didn't get any respond email from them. newegg gotta train them how to serve the customers

I beleive there is an OCZ rep that frequents these forums. You might have tried PM'ing him and get him to help expedite your RMA with them. I did that with the OCZ rep that represents OCZ and frequents the Short Media forums (with the forum's permission of course) and he helped speed the process along and also got my PC3200 VX upgraded to PC4000 VX for replacement kit. From what I've seen in the last couple of years, OCZ has turned their support around 100% from what they did before.

I've also had to RMA some bad Corsair ram and to do that I had to post up at their "Ramguy" forums and it took at least as long or longer to get an RMA than with OCZ. The only memory company I've dealt with that was totally cool on RMA'ing bad ram is Crucial. I've had to RMA a couple of times with them and I had replacement ram in my hands the next day, with Crucial also picking up the return shipping cost too. :cool:

bbq said:
wtf i can't believe a big brand handles RMA like *****. i request RMA on Friday and now is Tuesday but i didn't get any respond email from them. newegg gotta train them how to serve the customers

Usually OCZ is pretty good with RMA's, perhaps they are short-staffed today.

I sent them an e-mail and I included your e-mail for them to get back to you.

I sent you an RMA form at your Heatware e-mail address, fill it out and I will take care of the rest.

Sean @ OCZ.

SeanOMatic said:
I sent you an RMA form at your Heatware e-mail address, fill it out and I will take care of the rest.

Sean @ OCZ.

You see... OCZ people are looking for you, even Newegg won't try to track you down. From what I understand, the e-mail you have on file here may be having hiccups. OCZ used the publicly visible e-mail you have on file at Heatware :cool:

Sean's continued presence here and his unfailing commitment to customer support leave no room for allegations that OCZ does not take its warranty obligations seriously. Perhaps we need to make a sticky with his contact info, along with Jason's from newegg (and any other manufacturer representatives I may be unaware of) as to cut the drama.

Ive always thought rather highly of OCZs rma process. Unfortunantly Ive had to use it a couple of times and its always been a hassle free quick experience.

larva said:
Perhaps we need to make a sticky with his contact info, along with Jason's from newegg (and any other manufacturer representatives I may be unaware of) as to cut the drama.

That sounds like a damn good idea. :thup:

larva said:
Sean's continued presence here and his unfailing commitment to customer support leave no room for allegations that OCZ does not take its warranty obligations seriously. Perhaps we need to make a sticky with his contact info, along with Jason's from newegg (and any other manufacturer representatives I may be unaware of) as to cut the drama.

That sounds like a seriously good idea, larva.

Back