• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair and TCCD...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I found the pc4400c25pt on sale for $160/2x512. Unfortunately I couldn't get them stable at 275mhz in my intel system. Hopefully you will have better luck in your AMD if they do the sale again. (psst - keep an eye on monarch. look @ single sticks too). Ended up rmaing it for some OCZ bh-die.

I bought some XL's last year but one of the sticks was bad so I RMA'd. When i got them back and after a month of tweaking I was able to hit 290MHz , SuperPI 1MB stable.

gvblake22 said:
http://www.dvhardware.net/article5494.html

Found the link from OCforums actually, pretty interesting read. Most importantly it states that TCCD IC's will be used on all Corsair's RAM that has been using it at least through the end of 2005. I am just waiting to pounce on some of that PC-4400 stuff when it hits $200 or less!
There is an interesting debate going on about this @ BleedinEdge Link

I paid $219 for my pc4400 :( But right now I have them at 279 MHz, Half Life 2 stable. When I first got them I couldnt get past 275 so I'm hoping to move on up after I burn them in and such.

SewerBeing said:
tcc5 = tccd except that its binned to ddr433 instead of ddr500 by samsung. That is the only difference (and some people say it likes more voltage)...
From Corsair:

There has been suggestions on TCC5 being an equal replacement of TCCD. While the ICs share similar names, they do not share identical performance characteristics. TCC5 is a down-bin of TCCD and does not deliver the same performance promise that TCCD does. Based on our stringent testing requirements, only TCCD can meet the demand. Corsair also uses TCC5 IC's but because they are of lesser capability, TCC5 IC's are used only in the lower grade parts.

Lower bin = lower clocking chips (on average) and if its the same why would TCC5 chips like voltage and TCCD not? Anyway I am sick about arguing about TCCD vs TCC5 and I am also sure people are very tired of seeing the threads. I just want to know if in a few months when I decide to get a set of GSkill LA/LE if it will still be TCCD? If you believe its all the same great, but I don't and do not need another set of TCC5.

Back