• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Overclocking along with CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Meppie

Registered
I am going to overclock my memory and cpu and gpu once I build my rig. Since your supposed to keep the memory and the cpu fsb equal I am going to do this, should I worry about setting memory timings or anything like that, or is increasing the FSB good enough?

Oh, when your ocing do you increase your CPU FSB by say 10mhz then switch over to the RAM and increase its FSB my 10mhz then save it in the BIOS?

Help a noob please :-/

hmmmm, well it looks like you need to do a little bit more research and that will answer many of your questions. Read some of the sticky's in the Intel and AMD CPU sections and also here in the Memory section as they are sources of much good/useful information so I (or someone else) don't have to re-type all that info.
I have also found the following guide to be very helpful and informative for the A64 overclocking amateur: http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=gethowto&number=1&howtopage=141&howtoID=58

I'm trying to be helpful, not rude. Just do a little bit of reading on your own and then come back with a more specific question or two and it will be much easier to get you pointed in the right direction :)

Thats a killer system you got picked out there, let us know how it goes!!!

oh yeah...
Welcome to the Forums! :D

gvblake22 has the correct way on how to learn this.
reading,reading and then go back and reread it again. ocing is 98% research 1% doing and 1% luck.
the best advice i can give is "isolation" is the only way to oc.
you oc 1 part at a time and take everything else out of the picture that could inhibit your results. thus you isolate that one part.many times that mean under clocking other parts that could interfier.and after you have done that combine it with everything else you have tested for max oc.onc together you will find it doesnt always mesh well and will need adjusting.
if you try doing as you stated you will just wanna bang your head and throw the box out the window.

Ok Thanks people I'll be sure to ask a more specific question once I finish reading.

Back