• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new WB on the way. Any tips for it before installing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

Ok. So i just ordered a TDX copper top for my 3200 and was wondering if there are any tips you guys have before I start to put it on and such? I'm most likely going to let it bleed for 12 hours and then start installing, so no tips needed on bleeding. :eh?:

It should cost 10 cents. Q-Tip + 91% rubbing alcohol.

Cool. I just bought some. How long should I rub the Q-tip with alcohol on for? Also, am i supposed to wipe it off with water after the alcohol or just let it air dry and then apply the WB? Thanks.

I use the free eyeglass cloths and acetone. Acetone will take off just about anything, leaves no residue, and the lint free cloth speaks for itself. Acetone is like $2 in any paint section, and lens cloth is also like $2. This is what I have been using for years and it works very well. I just make sure not to touch the lens cloth in an area that I am going to use to clean the block/cpu with so that I don't get any finger oils on anything.

And, If you've had a wax based Thermal pad on the HS before, I'd use some goof off (Xylene based cleaner) to get the wax off. Then use some high purity Isopropyl Alcohol.

Back