• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DIY watercooling (Final)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noxqzs

I finally got a chance to finish my system last friday. I would have done this sooner, but it was a weekend of relaxation.

here are some details.

p4 3.0E @ 3.6 (240x15 @ 2.5,3,3,6 4x512MB)
EVGA 6800u @ 480/1200

cpu: idle(34*C), load(~38*C) previous: 39* & 45*
gpu: idle(37*C), load(~45*C) previous: 43* & 50*

Grab a drink. Hope you enjoy

DIY Watercooling

Wow, that looks good. Are there two seperate loops? It sure looks like it. You may have explained it in the write-up but I just looked at the pics :)

fantastic work! are those your mills? looks great. one detail i would change though is the white optical drive. that really should be black. sorry to nit pick :) otherwise its damn nice

Must be nice to have a machine shop at your disposal :) Awesome work! I have the same case BTW. I was actually considering changing my setup and adding a BIP2 rad about right where you have the 2x120s on the side panel. The mobo area could really use the airflow.

Nice job!

Very nice job. It's always good to use your knowledge and skills rather than to go out and buy something that may not fit what you want. :)

wow that is some of the nicest machining I've seen in a while. Not to metion that fan controller. You could write a mini tutorial on that thing alone. I am so jealous of your shop.

PS what do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking, you have both machining and electrical backgrounds and that is what I plan on studying this fall at university.

Very nice, though I do think you should have built an acrylic hold down for the cpu so you can see the wounderful craftsmanship.

Damn the replies are fast here :santa:

I'd agree with the white drive removal.. or you can just spray it, tis what I did. Otherwise - amazing! A model DIY project, I'm just as envious of your equipment as everyone else... what do you do then? :p

Congrats overall

thanks everyone. glad you like it.

Spraying the cd-rom and hd-cooler is an option. one other thing, I was thinking is sending them out to get anodized, just like the case. I usually wait till I have a big batch so it doesn't cost so much. It doesn't bother me that much yet, but glad to know people are on top of the game. The acrylic top idea is also on my wishlist. I haven't played with it for a while, but plan on replacing my gpu block. Ill try it on that first.

I scavenged through classifieds and ads, only to stumble upon the bridgeport mill. I bought that for $2,400 with all the tooling attachments and about 50 end mills. They cost over $10,000 new, just for the mill. As the years went by, I collected and bought new tools, and made a lil shop at home. My only place where the woman can't hang anything without it looking out of place

(Magictoaster_v2)
As far as me, well...., that could be a long story in itself. My basic background is in physics. My occupation is in R&D. This basically requires you to have knowledge of electrical engineering conepts. In schoool, I remember, mechanical engineering students shared about 40% of the class curriculum. The ME program was cool when it came down to project work. Likewise, I spent some time in the machine shops, learning hands-on. Machining is almost like an art, where you can only really get the hang of it by doing it.

Back