• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston 2700 @ 333mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As is the case with just about every piece of RAM, it depends on the ICs used by Kingston in your particular sticks. Kingston is famous for using a wide assortment of chips to make their modules and in the PC2700 they have used, in addition to many others, Samsung, Infineon, Winbond and Hynix chips. Some of these are great overclockers, while other brands used by Kingston will barely do rated speeds.

Many of the chips used by Kingston are blanks and their is no way of knowing what they are and only testing will reveal their potential.

What are the codes on your chips?

I had Kingstong pc2700 with hynix chips and was able to do 235 Mhz on them (470 Mhz DDR). Not too shabby. Thing about hynix though is the timings are very loose. The same applies to samsung but they will tighten up a bit more than hynix will with a bit more vdimm.

Well i cant get the information on the chips until tomorrow, but they are likely to be either hynix or infineon as thats the chipsets that tend to be on them overhere.

Timings are currently : 2.5 : 3 : 3 : 7

batboy said:
Even the worst Kingston PC2700 will generally O/C to DDR400.
Very true. But if he is planning to purchase them now I would discourage it. There is much better RAM available for the money at this point :)

Back