• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I use all my ram slots???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Liquidsky

Registered
I was wondering if I should use all my Ram slots. Currently I have 320 MB (2*128 PC133, 64 PC133) . Should I use only two slots on my MSI K7T Turbo instead cause I read somewhere that two was better than three? Is it affecting my overclocking too cause I can't seem to get my duron 900 to work using a 133FSB (ex: 8*133 or 7*133) even though it works fine at 11*100. Got any ideas?

your ram probably can't do 133. it happens. or it could be your motherboard. if all of your ram is the same quality then it shouldnt matter for overclocking. try testing each stick individually and find out which ones are the best. you might just have one bad stick.

Check this out. There could be a ton of other things like MoBo or CPU or AGP or .............Post a new thread on the motherboards section & see what other people with the same MoBo get. The Link talks about CAS2 but there is a few lines about why you get higher FSB with less slots filled.

Back