• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System fails memory test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aeiou

When I try to run dual channel ram now, it doesn't post and says "system failed memory test." so I moved the memory around in many different configurations (only slots 2&3 work for dual channel)-

1 stick in slot 1- works
1 stick in slot 2- nope
1 stick in slot 3- works
2 sticks in slots 1&2- works
2 sticks in slots 1&3-works
2sticks in slots 2&3- nope

Seems weird that slot 2 would work sometimes and not others. I'm not sure if it is a dual channel issue, either, because it doesn't work when just 1 stick is in slot 2, which it should. I tried both ways with each stick of ram with the same results, so I know its not related to the ram itself.

Seems Voodoo Rufus had the same problem on what I think was the same mobo.

BIOS update?

Yeah, looking back, he had the same mobo as you have, & he had a dual channel prob too.

I'm sure if ya shoot him a PM (Voodoo Rufus) he'd let ya know about what he did to fix it.
-I don't remember.

Well thats interesting-
I just flashed the bios (should have been the same bios- 1008 uber) but now when I boot up it says that I am running in dual channel, even though the ram is in slots 1&3. OK.... whatever.

I never had issues with the a7n8x, but some DDR just won't like to run in certain configurations. It's still more quirky than SDRAM was. Just find a stable dual channel configuration that runs well. Best you can do.

Back