• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Do I Attach 6800 Mounting Hardware to a Silverprop Fusion HL?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sneaky

Skulltrail Junkie
ok, to make a long story short, i killed my 9600XT, and just ordered a Leadtek 6800GT to replace it :D

but anyways, i already had the Silverprop GF4/FX/6800 Mounting hardware from earlier plans, and now i'm gonna make use of it

on the the hardware bags, it shows a small diagram of what order to put washers/nuts/screws in to mount it to the card... but before i do that, i need to know how the adapter plates attach to the card itself

i know that they attach via the 4 screws that hold the entire block together, but thoes screws are too short to secure the base of the block when the Nvidia brackets are installed

with the hardware kit, longer screws were included, so i tried thoes, but they're too long (sticks thru bottom of block by ~1/4")

is there a certain way i should be doing this that i don't know about? or should i just grab my dremel and chop off the extra length of the longer screws?

thanks in advance
-Justin

The screws for the NV68 extend at lot further than 1.4 inch above (below) the top mounting plate without interferring with anything. Would extending the nVidia mount upward fix your problem?

the normal back screws (shorter ones) work just fine - the front screws (longer ones) are what worry me - if i use the normal one, only 2 or 3 threads are holding the block together, and i don't wanna strip the threads out of the soft copper

i guess i'll just bust out the dremel for this one :shrug:

the mounting sucks for the silverprop. i love the block(450 core on 6800gt). i used washers i bought from Home depot on the four mounts then replaced the screws with ones a little bigger than silprop screws. i would post a picture but i am upgrading my case to a cmstacker and everything in broken down.

I have a 6800 Ultra that I am mounting a Silverprop Cyclone Fusion HL on as well. I am anxious to know how you make out since I will be doing the same thing shortly myself.

wow... EC is finally gonna take a dive into WC! :welcome:

i'll take a number of pictures & whatnot for anyone who wants to know the same thing in the future

and on the OT: my mom's 1.4ghz AMD computer S-U-C-K-S, its so terribly sloooooooowwwwww, plus her old (7 or 8 year old) CRT has such a terrible contrast ratio - any picture i look at is so dark i can't even see what it looks like... i cant wait until get back on my own rig **mumbles obsceneties about dead 9600XT under breath**

Sneaky said:
wow... EC is finally gonna take a dive into WC! :welcome:

i'll take a number of pictures & whatnot for anyone who wants to know the same thing in the future

and on the OT: my mom's 1.4ghz AMD computer S-U-C-K-S, its so terribly sloooooooowwwwww, plus her old (7 or 8 year old) CRT has such a terrible contrast ratio - any picture i look at is so dark i can't even see what it looks like... i cant wait until get back on my own rig **mumbles obsceneties about dead 9600XT under breath**

Heres an idea, hook up your monitor. :rolleyes:

rofl... my mom won't let me touch anything on her computer besides my email account, she's afraid that i'm gonna get adware & whatnot on it... even though i'm the one who taught her what it was & how to get rid of it in the first place :rolleyes:

In my experience, its better not to teach your parents about computers. I taught my dad how to uninstall stuff and I came home one day to find all my games gone! :eek:

Now I have to password my computer. :bang head

Back