• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jacuzzi Water Pumps.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no to both of thoes

jacuzzi one would just blow up your WC loop, and the yellow pump is a submersible drainage pump

just stick to a normal WC pump, or look at some aquarium pumps

Even if you could use a pump like one of those without killing your setup the heat it would put into the loop would really hurt your cooling. As stated above stick with a 12v one like the D5. If you want to save a little and have the room go for a Danner Mag3.

not to mention turning one of those on would likely blow the breaker in most houses given thier incredibly high AMP draw.

However these might be usable in a multi block setup, like if you were wanting to WC 5 computers off the same feeds. That of course would be quite the undertaking however.

pik4chu said:
not to mention turning one of those on would likely blow the breaker in most houses given thier incredibly high AMP draw.

However these might be usable in a multi block setup, like if you were wanting to WC 5 computers off the same feeds. That of course would be quite the undertaking however.

awwww come on 2 kilowatts isnt that much :D Someone somewhere put it well, when a pump is rated in horsepower its going to be overkill for a computer water cooling setup.

A Jacuzzi water pump in a PC!!! Too Funny. You would have to trade in your Tygon for brazed copper tubing or stainless steel braided lines to handle the pressure. LOL

Electron Chaser said:
A Jacuzzi water pump in a PC!!! Too Funny. You would have to trade in your Tygon for brazed copper tubing or stainless steel braided lines to handle the pressure. LOL
Flexible 1 inch PVC would work.

I use a Laing hottub pump in my WCed rig. Its rather small but definately bigger than your typical WC pump. The heat it throws into the loop, people worry too much, A decent radiator or heatercore will get you back to near ambient.

You need to look at the flow rates of the yellow one. I think the max rate I saw, was 67 GPH, at 5 feet. My tiny Rainbow Lifeguard does 725 at 5 feet. It does 1140, at 0 head.

steve

Back