• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 questions, benchmark and ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

primuslesler

i have a p4A 2.0 northwood (oc'ed to 2.434)

ok i bought two sticks of ram (same place(tigerdirect) same ram, same size, same speed.) ok so i get into cpu-z and it says that my stick in slot #1 is pc2100 ok thats fine thats what i bought then i got to slot 2 and it says its pc 2700 kinda odd howd this happen did they acciedently send me the wrong ram? and does this mean now that its not dual channel oh yeah by the way its viking ddr266(stick 2 is ddr333(im not complaining) 2x512. my motherboard has 2 slots so does this mean i can use dual channel or no?

now to my other question when i do a benchmark in AIDA32 it says on the memory read its just below 2164mb/s and thats where it should be( i think) but when i do the memory write mine is 695mb/s umm should it be that low?

the memory will run at the lower of the 2 speeds (2700->2100)

you should see in your boot screen if you are running dual channel (near or at top)
-i think Sandra my also tell you.

I no nothing of this AIDA32 you speak of.

How does it run in MemTest86?

you should be fine really.
:cool:

Back