• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is the difference between these 2 rams?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
also i have a 512 stick of pqi turbo series i bought from new egg rated at 2-2-2-5. it doesnt seem to be listed on their site anymore... is there anyway i could find out which one will be compatable with my current stick?

HousERaT said:
I think the reason one is cheaper is cause it's sold out.... ;)
must have just gone, I swear when I was looking initially both were in stock :)

@op, if you mean 'compatable' as in dual channel capable the thing you need is same speed. If you want to OC said ram you'll want to match the timings as well.

i found out the difference between the 2. dpu is the platinum heat spreaders and dbu is the black heatspreaders. So it is like $12 more just to get them in black. that is just straight up stupid. i ordered the platinum before they were sold out.

Aidenswarrior said:
i found out the difference between the 2. dpu is the platinum heat spreaders and dbu is the black heatspreaders. So it is like $12 more just to get them in black. that is just straight up stupid. i ordered the platinum before they were sold out.

I was gonna say that but I couldn't really tell from the pictures..... I know when I bought my PQI months and months ago...... the black heatspreaders where cheaper than the platinum colored ones...... didn't know they were still doing that.

HousERaT said:
I was gonna say that but I couldn't really tell from the pictures..... I know when I bought my PQI months and months ago...... the black heatspreaders where cheaper than the platinum colored ones...... didn't know they were still doing that.

yeah... i got lucky ordering the cheaper ones before they sold out... you would think the platinum would cost more. idk. w/e. i will post how they work out once i get them monday.

Back