• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

illskills719

Installing my new Mushkin Redline XP3500 I found that it did not work in dual channel mode for some strange reason (Using a DFI Lanparty Ultra 4 board). I put them in slots 1 and 2 (yellow and orange) and the RAM seemed to work fine...However when I put them in Slots 2 and 4 (to do duals) my system got to the XP Logon Screen and kept restarting when it reached that point over and over and over again...does anyone know how to fix this problem/error?

You need to test each stick indivifually in memtest and then pair them up and test them again. How fast are you running them, and how many volts are you pushing through them?

What BIOS are you using? DFI has optimized BIOS for UTT and TCCD. I think you want the ones that end in -2, but check the dfi-street.com bios stickies instead of relying on my memory.

Back