• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

80-day Burn in!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
he's lying, there is no way you can do that and run xeons at 100% for 80days, the thing would freaking die. I'm calling BS

actually, i've seen xeons run at 80-100% cpu constantly, at an old dedicated host i had. they claimed to give you a dedicated box for a steal price ($100/month for a dedicated box is a steal), but really put tons of accounts on them. i wont say which hosting company it was, but i figured it out by finding out the real processor usage, which was a constant 80-100%. i kept getting hitch warnings on the server, which means the processor wasn't able to process at 20 frames per second the physics calculations, i KNEW that was a bunch of BS.

anyway, God only knows how long they had the load of those cpu's constant 80-100%, but i know it had to have been constant, lol.

I have 4 sticks of these in my xeon rig and it runs 80-100% 24/7 hasven't gotten to 80 days straight just due to upgrades/mods but Ive gotten close (i.e. havent gone down because of crash, just working on improving the comp) Not to mention they are at a nice 25% OC. That being said He is likely exaggerating, no server's burn-in test would last that long, its nowhere near efficient.

Back