• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bubble question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woodchucker

Registered
I'm putting together my first wc system and an now at the stage of leak testing.
Loop setup is pump--CPU--VGA--RAD--Tline--pump.
I've been running the setup for two days and still have some bubbles lining certain sections of the tube. If I tap on the tube, they quickly go through the system but seem to slowly gather again at the same spots.
Now the flow in this system is quite fast with the 1000lph pump and low resistance Dangerden GPU and Swifttec 6002, so I do realize it's very difficult to get the smaller bubbles out as they usually just fly by the t-line.
As you can kinda make out from the pics, all of the tubs are virtually clear except for the tubing just before the CPU inlet and pump inlet.
Every now and again I'll turn the rad upside down and there'll be a few slightly bigger bubbles...I'm assuming these are accumulating as I constantly tap though these smaller bubbles?
Any ideas...could there be a spot that is sucking in air???

69mgza.jpg

69mhba.jpg

69mhkw.jpg

Everyone has those little bubbles initially. They aren't enough to really make much of a difference in the cooling loop, however people use a little jet dry, dishwashing liquid, or water wetter to lower the surface tension of the water and get rid of them. I read mixed things (mostly bad) about water wetter, so I won't use it, but it seems people do successfully. And no, the dishwashing liquid won't suds up at this point as your loop has been bled well already.

what coolant are u running?

i use water wetter exclusivly, and i only had bubbles like that for a few minutes.

water wetter is not bad. everyone says i heard its bad so i wont use it. bullcrap.

there are negatives, but they dont bother me.

1. it stinks. not ideal for an open loop.
2. it clouds the water and will cloud your tubing. it turns the water a dark red almost brown color. i use dye so that doesnt matter.

i think its benefits outweigh the negative points. i was using 90/10 distilled/antifreeze, and i switched to 100% distilled with a few caps of watter wetter, and my temps dropped almost 5º, so i was sold.

Well I think I'm using water wetter.
I'ts sold as Redline Water Wetter from the online store I bought most of my hardware from, but come in a unlabeled bottle. I'ts probably because they buy bigger bottles in bulk.
Weird stuff (it does stink), found a dried drop of it on the floor, which now resembles candle wax.

Actually, since I've come back to check it a few hours later, it seems a bit less.
I'll give it another day or so.

Leave it hooked up & turn off the pump for an hour or so.

turn rad upside down (get bubbles out) & restart the system (pump)

this will let any air in the system settle to the highest point.

The bubbles that you showed in the photo are no big deal. I used Watter Wetter too. Great stuff.

Back