• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TwinMOS Speed Premium 512mb disappeared?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
Both newegg and chiefvalue were the only USA vendors that I know of that had the TwinMOS SP 512mb pc3200s, and now they seem to have disappeared, except for the refurb ones at the egg.

All I see are these... wth are they so expensive for?...
http://www.chiefvalue.com/app/productdetails.asp?submit=search&item=20-218-032
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820218032

There seems to be nothing special about them to be price SO DAMN HIGH! $75 for cas2.5, and where did the SP 512s go? They just vanished... I used to check them everyday to see how low the price will go, and I don't seem to see it anymore... usually when they ran out it will say Auto-Notify... maybe they're not getting them anymore? Who knows.

As for the $75 ones I'm completely dumbfounded.

Which will cost much more... I guess it was a good thing that I bought 6 of those 512 bh5 a few weeks ago. :) I like them a whole lot more than the ch5 only because they can do 2-2-2 timings with default voltage. ;)

I think you're right, though... I didn't think of that. Was it announced, or presumed.

I'm just guessing....... the ram currently sold is the value ram..... I have two sticks of the value ram which cam with the ch-die UTT..... they clock a little higher than my Speed Premiums.... lol

maybe i grabbed the last one wednesday!!!

oh wait..i still need to buy a matching one...nooo

1. Are you referring to the TM400, Houserat? I had 4 gigs of those, and none of them could break 250... maybe I didn't try as hard as I did with my SPs, though.

2. So... what's up with the $75 512mb TwinMOS?

Yeah.... i got the TMII set and was one of the lucky ones to get AA4T sticks....... I'm guessing the price is high because they might not get anything else for awhile...... Like I said, I'm guessing they're gonna switch over to the Twister line.

I had picked up 4 gigs of the TMII and 3 of them were AA4T

techun said:
maybe i grabbed the last one wednesday!!!

oh wait..i still need to buy a matching one...nooo

Nope, I got the last two :p I got them today and so far I've gotten them to 245 using HouseRat's exact timings.........except I can't run 2T. I'm using 3.3V. It doesn't like more than 3.3V it seems. It sucks, because I can run Aquamark and my Everest memory tests put me over 7k when 1T is enabled, but Super Pi isn't stable and games crash. Any suggestions HouseRat?

BTW, I'm using the 16.18-2 BIOS orange slots.

Last edited:
Wow... I wonder why they disappeared, though. All the other times it was on "Auto-Notify" instead of just disappeared. Chiefvalue did the same thing (yes, newegg's little brother).

I've actually seen this happen alot at Newegg.........clerical error I guess.

Since I can't get my memory to run 245 at 1T, I'm running it at 225 with CAS latency 1.5 and dynamic counter enabled. I'll try for CAS 1.0 tommorrow, but I don't think it will make a difference. Man I wish DFI would just put Super Pi in BIOS instead of Memtest. I can do tests and pass memtest with flying colors, but Super Pi is the real clincher, if my system isn't stable, Super Pi will tell me............and 30 seconds beats waiting 15 minutes.

Back