• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New IC7-G Problem..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ritek

Ok i've just installed my new ic7-g mobo (currently on another computer) and i am having troubles getting out of BIOS. When i first booted it up, i had a CPU is unworking, or incorrect. Im 100% my CPU is correct. Then i loaded the fail-safe option, and that problem disappeared.

Now the BIOS seems to hang on Verifying DMI Pool. Any ideas? Im not really sure at all, so any help would be great.

im going to try that next. Except i just removing my PCI card (audgiy 2) and now it updates succesfully, but now bios says

"Disk Boot Failure, insert system disk, press enter"

hard drive incorrectly installed??

ok, i just cleared cmos, and i got

"CPU is unworkable, or has been changed, please recheck"

That was the second time, first time it got hung up on "verifing DMI pool...update succesful"

ok, i reseated cpu, still wont go to windows, so im now reinstalling windows.

ok i think i have figured out the problem. Its my hard drive. My icy-g mobo came with a serille adaptor that converts ata100 to SATA. When i tried installing windows, it said i had no harddrive. What should i do?

Set your bios to boot to SATA (or SCSI) after boot from CDrom. When it starts loading the setup disk, it will say to hit F6 to load drivers. you need the sata controller drivers on a floppy disk, insert it, it will load them then continue installing windows.

there was no option after CDROM which was labeled SCSI or SATA, just Hard Drive. But i did tell it to do a add-in boot from onboard SATA which it did not work either.

Back