• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin Redline or G.Skill?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jesse

if u have access to 3.4 volts to give the to redline memory and those voltages dont concern u then get the redline. if ur mb only gives vdimm selection of normal vdimm voltages ie 2.8-2.9 then go with the gskill

Ok I have up to 3.0 vdimm so I guess I'm going with G.Skill.
Thanks

From my past experience with G.Skill, they sure are the good choice to go if the voltage is limited between 2.5-2.9v.

NOO!! Newegg isnt carrying that model of G.Skill anymore!!! Is it an outdated or discontinued model? If so what ram should i get now?

Last edited:
Consider the OCZ PC3200 Plat Rev 2 v1.1 (TCC5). It is priced well (around $170, give or take, for a gig) and performs well. Several guys that post here have hit 300MHz on them and their DFIs.

go with the g.skill or as reefa said the ocz platinum is a good choice because they are both TCCx so unless you could support the volts to a UTT/BH5/CH5 chip then don't even try it. Remember, you can always buy RAM from other places than newegg, just check their ratings on resellerratings.com and also bbb.org

Back