• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm conFUZZZZZED!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Market_Stoner

:bang head okay... I've been searching for about 6 hours now and gotten mixed results from mixed places, so I'm hoping someone here can give me a real direct answer... =)

I have an 845BG mobo w/ Intel 1.6 and SERIOUSLY interested in driving the FSB up on it... however... after reading all the beginners stuff on the main site and waded thru the forum, I've found that there's nothing in the BIOS that allows for adjustment of the FSB...

I've read in some places that there's a way to do it, but you have to go to the board jumpers to get it to work... I couldn't find anything in the manual to say this was possible... =\ I also just read something that said directly it can not be done... =|

I'm tearing my hair out over this, so anyone who can tell me what to do to make it happen or lemme know I'm peeing up a flag-pole would be kewl... :bang head

this site rocks... =)

Intel branded motherboards of the kind you have cannot be overclocked.

There is no provision for locking the PCI/AGP bus, for changing voltages, or changing fsb.

There are programs such as clockgen which will change the fsb but without locking the PCI bus, you will not get very far before you run into stability problems.

The only thing you can do is get another motherboard that allows you to change the settings I mentioned (like an Asus or Abit board)
Hope this helps.

yes, much thanks!!

well, of course, I would have preferred it not to be a "get another board" answer, but like I sed.... the definate answer is going to keep me from pullin out my hair trying to find something that doesn't exist with my board... =)

I appreciate your input... goin with an Asus once I get the greenies together... =)

Market_Stoner said:
well, of course, I would have preferred it not to be a "get another board" answer, but like I sed.... the definate answer is going to keep me from pullin out my hair trying to find something that doesn't exist with my board... =)

I appreciate your input... goin with an Asus once I get the greenies together... =)
When in doubt whip it out.....Clockgen

Back