• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

primuslesler

is this possible to connect to motherboards as to have a dual cpu but with two motherboards connected? it seems like it could be possible what do you think?

maybe, but there would be alot of factors involved. such as affinity, speed, northbridge compatiability, etc.

besides, it would take 2x the space. why? just get a dual cpu mobo, saves you the trouble and space.

why is this in the giga-byte section?

Actually they just came out with a mobo that supports one AMD Processor and one Intel.
It is called the ECS PF88.
I just read about it in the latest CPU magazine.

Ken

Son1990 said:
Actually they just came out with a mobo that supports one AMD Processor and one Intel.
It is called the ECS PF88.
I just read about it in the latest CPU magazine.

Ken

I thought it supported either/or, but not both at the same time? But that would be so cool, you should be able to get the benefits of both. But wouldnt each CPU need to have it's own RAM, since the processes are different?

they are both on the mobo at the same time but u only use one at a time meaning you would have to reboot and change settings or something. Its cool if u have two and would like to switch instead of switching mobos...

sorry i do not have a link..

latency speeds between them - components needed to share the info - likely be alot slower ten a single board with 2 cpus on it.

Back