• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS Access Password? Also, Good DVD software?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
Two questions, one thread! :cool:

First off is about Microsoft Access. Even though what I do could probably be done in Excell, I like Access, and am growing on what I've already done with it. So far I have things like people's address and phone numbers, and would like to move onto storing all my passwords to different places in there, and having just one very good password(123abc456def) to get into that file. How can I put a password on the database file? Is it a secure program? Or can it be easily broken into? I am using Access 2003 Pro.

My second question is what is a good software DVD player? I have some from hardware I've bought in the past, but they all seem a little finicky. I just bought an Audio 2 ZS which has the "high definition" mumbo jumbo.... I would like to actually BUY the full retail version of a software DVD player and be certain that it never gives me any problems, and gives me great performance, especially when it comes to sound, whether I'm using my Audigy with my Z-5300's, or my Sony Reciever and taking advantage of the Audigy's SP/DIF.

Thanks in advance. :)

I think there are several commerical softwares that can easily break the Access password. I'm not sure if they're avl. for the 2003 office version yet. My advice would be to encrypt the file using another program like Axcrypt, truecrypt, or PGP.

Software DVD player. Well, when it comes to performance, I think most of them are pretty similar, but PowerDVD & WinDVD seem to be the most popular ones. I prefer PowerDVD, but WinDVD is nice too. I think you can download a trial from the official sites, you might save some money if you look for the software at pricewatch.com though I can't recommend a seller.

i'd say, don't bother with the 5300.. if you got a receiver, get some real home theatre speakers instead. they sound so much better than any 5300, being the owner of a z5300e.

i mean, my entire set of z5300e costs only 2/3 of my home theater's sub.

Back