• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Media Converter that copies directory structure...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerileous

NEVERMIND

Ok, I dont like to use tags, they require too much work to maintain. So, I am in a bit of a pickele, my chaotically tagged media library is kept in a pristine directory structure. Now this is great, until I want to use my high bitrate Ogg Vorbis files on my 512mb mp3 player. So, my solution was 64kbps WMA, just great, except just having jet audio spit everytihng out into one folder and then letting windows media player make sense of it and then use the sync funtion. (I use foobar for playback). I also have a new lappy, since it only has 60gb, and lower sound quality, I want to use low bitrate ogg vorbis. So I figure what the hell, maybe foobar will be better at this. So I make a copy shoot the unorganized ogg files to my lappy and low and behold, still a pain. Further, jet is very picky and likes to crash.

Is there something that will do what I want? I really do not want to have to have to rebuild my directory structure for all of my songs (over 4000). This would mean creating 389 folders (its not a big deal to make a folder for each album you get, when yoiu get it) again, and twice to boot.

So I am looking for a prog that will make copies of the file, in another location, converted to a different format, while keeping the directory structure intact. Or at least something that will somehow tag everything properly without me having to work very hard.

Please help.

Last edited:
Ok, I finally figured this out. I was still thinking like I did not have room to make a copy of the files, well I do. So I will use dbpoweramp (found it again, and decided it WAS better than jet...i didnt like it a few years ago), and replace the files in the copy, so that the directory is intact.

Back