• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Options for Spread Spectrum in P5WD2 Premium BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d.chatten

I noticed when i was reading the manual for the ASUS P5WD2 Premium that there should be two options, one for "CPU Clock Spread Spectrum" and another for "PCIE Clock Spread Spectrum" under the Advanced> JumperFree menu but these options are missing when i check in the bios.
Does anyone own a P5WD2 Premium that could check this out for me to see if the options are available and if so what bios version they are using?
Also why would ASUS list the options in the manual and not in the bios as some people may need to use these options, me for one.

d.chatten said:
I noticed when i was reading the manual for the ASUS P5WD2 Premium that there should be two options, one for "CPU Clock Spread Spectrum" and another for "PCIE Clock Spread Spectrum" under the Advanced> JumperFree menu but these options are missing when i check in the bios.
Does anyone own a P5WD2 Premium that could check this out for me to see if the options are available and if so what bios version they are using?
Also why would ASUS list the options in the manual and not in the bios as some people may need to use these options, me for one.

This is a good question buddy, I have no spread spectrum options either in my P5WD2 Premium bios. I also don't have all of the SpeedStep options. I also don't have LockFree..

Back