• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling Wishlist - STASIS Thermal is ready for wetwork

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

consumer9000

Former STASIS Guy
I've decided to take STASIS Thermal Management in a new direction - Liquid and Phase Change cooling systems. In the forseeable future our focus will continue to be on high end air cooling, though the limits of performance cooling on air are rapidly becoming apparent.
Since all the products we make are in response to what enthusiasts want, I'd like to kick off this transition with feedback from the users I hope to serve.
Please keep things realistic - though feel free to toss around any "dream" setups or products as that's what we usually end up manufacturing! :)

Our capabilities are pretty much unlimited. We have access to pretty much any material and machining method necessary to bring your dream to life, so don't be bashful.

If there has been a water cooling product you've been wishing for or a design you'd like to see produced this is the time to speak your mind. The general goal is to determine viable parts for production and resale though for the wealthier among us we are always willing to entertain custom one time runs.

I look forward to your feedback - Feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to keep you all updated.

-Matt T. :santa:

Right now, I think the big thing I woudl like to see is more radiators. 160mm forms, or perhaps a case design that incorperates a built in high performance Rad for those who don't wish to mod their case.

Talk with Cathar about mass producing the Storm G4? :shrug: Do something like D-tek did with the WhiteWater. That would make my dream. $50 G4s available at a U.S. reseller. :D

You could try a GPU block offering. Something with a better design for clearing RAM heatsinks, and maybe a proper mounting for 6600s.

Copper or Derlin/Acetal tops on everything of course. ;)

Lower priced high performance rads would be nice.I been I paid $120 for my 120.3 and is gives the same temps as a dual 120mm heater core. Also high performance waterblocks at a little lower price then some of the big boys would be nice. Better yet a waterblock that is better then a Swifty for the same price would be nice. Alot of people including kids wish to join the mass watercooler but can't cause of prices.

Like me. I really would love to watercool, but with the prices... I can't.

I'm certainly not going to go out and spend $100 on a no good setup, if I get one, I want it to perform, but they cost ~$300.

hmm im very interested... get em out before christmas! lol i need my h20 then! but i would like to see the lower priced radiators and better videocard waterblocks (beefier i do mean)

I would like to see more effective chipset cooling options....air or water is irrelevant.
On many PCIe boards (my Gigabyte, for instance) the chipset is overlapped by the video card and is limited to a very low profile passive sink.

Watercooling is prolly overkill, but a better air sink would be nice.

a GPU waterblock that uses micro channel or jet impengement technology... as cathar's planned block will prolly never see the light of day :(

edit: and talk to cathar about possibly mass-producing the older Cascade waterblocks, as he considers them a "defunct" design, but they are still superior to everything except for the G4/G5 (if this becomes possible... use delrin for the top/mid plates instead of polycarbonate)

Hmmm. Some nice polished brass tops with beveled edges would be classy looking (and sturdy too).

Maybe a small external cooling box with a boneville core, DD4 (the new one), and a blower in it instead of axial fans...ya know, like the Torin Blower I use. Make the box the size of a shoebox with an end air outlet and a top air inlet through the core.
7/16" tubing for the case insides, though using 1/2" barbs for the large ID.
Maybe setup similar to that prototype thermaltake thingy that someone posted a while back, looked somewhat like a home theater speaker tower.

How about a 9.5" x 5" single pass heatercore?

Maybe a CD bay sized fan controller with it's own power supply to remove fans, lights and pumps from the psu? Relayed to start with the computer of course.

Maybe LED light bars with a dozen LED's and a molex to plug it in with.

Even Sata bulkhead connectors would be of help in rearranging the case for watercooling.

The list goes on...and yeah, I'm digressing somewhat from pure watercooling gear. :D

Last edited:
If you could build a cpu block that can equal or outperform a Swifty for the same price, but make it look good, I'm in for 2...plus the matching GPU/chipset blocks.

I second the need for a waterblock that fits pci-e boards. I have been looking for weeks, in vain, for a block that will fit my ultra-d. I guess I'll just have to make my own for now.

Yeah reselling the G4/G5 or the Cascade blocks are a really good idea. Go with what works.

Cheaper rads exist now. Pumps are pretty much dominated by Laing and the new Mag. So I think either a US-made competitor to the Thermochill PA160 and G4 clones would be good ideas.

Wicked_Klown said:
Also high performance waterblocks at a little lower price then some of the big boys would be nice. Better yet a waterblock that is better then a Swifty for the same price would be nice. Alot of people including kids wish to join the mass watercooler but can't cause of prices.

Its hard to be a Swifty 6002 for the $.

A water block that mounted on all sockets with all the mounting hardware included would be nice too.

I hate having a block, and then having to either fabricate a mount, or order one.

I agree with the high-performance low-price cpu blocks and matching gpu and chipset blocks. A 6600gt AGP waterblock would be VERY nice too.

A GPU waterblock that can fit SLI setups would be very useful, If I'm correct, people are having trouble finding blocks that will fit the tightly spaced SLI setup.

BTW u guys rock STATIS

kudos to the 6600GT AGP idea - a waterblock that cools the GPU and the bridge at once, that'd make ALOT of 6600 AGP owners really happy

otherwise, for myself, i'd like to see a better designed 6800GT block that cools the GPU and RAM, or atleast a delrin/acetal top for the NV-68

Thanks for all the great feedback guys!

I can assure you all STASIS products will use either Delrin/Acetal, Lexan or Metal tops. All bases will be either pure copper, or if there is adequate demand, pure silver (*tips hat to Cathar*).

My consultant at M.I.T. will begin working up some design models which will likely employ a similar implementation of the water jet impingement strategy found in the Storm G4/G5 parts. Rest assured that these will not be clones or ripoffs of these parts - everything will be custom designed and manufactured in house.

Based on your recent feedback and ongoing trials these are a few of the products in pipeline:

-Geforce 6600GT AGP low profile waterblock, milled to accomodate cooling of the GPU, RAM and HSI chip.
-Geforce 6800 Series low profile, SLI compliant water block, milled to accomodate cooling of the GPU and RAM.
-Geforce 7800 Series low profile, SLI compliant water block, milled to accomodate cooling of the GPU, front side RAM (and possibly power circuitry).
*What strategy to take with cooling the ram on the backside is something still being resolved - let me know if you have any ideas or feedback.

-CPU Waterblock (Universal current gen socket compliant)
-Chipset Waterblock (if demand is sufficient)

There are currently no plans for pump or radiator options, as the existing products are sufficient.

Pricing will be as competitive as possible - bear in mind STASIS currently sells everything below the actual cost of production.

Back