• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing Bios, Is it neccessary?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sniph

Well, I've been using my p4p800-E for a while now and have never flashed the bios on it. I recently was going to do so, but I don't have a floppy drive. I know you can flasht them with programs but I was wondering, is it really worth it? What are the benefits of flashing?

Hi,
Only flash the BIOS, if it fixes some problem you have. Or the new BIOS has something you want. Read the docs that come with the new BIOS, to see what they fix, and see if you need them or not.
If not, then dont do it, as it could be worse that the old one, and you risk killing your motherboard, if something goes wrong.

Good luck

Just flashed the BIOS for the MB in my sig, didn't improve anything but on the other hand didn't hurt anything. Asus could write better directions for their flashing(of BIOS's). In my instance the new BIOS supports the new CP-479 processor adapter, that Asus makes. We can then use an intel chip that was previosly only used in laptops. They do well at lower clock speeds, and run much cooler.

I flashed mine just to keep up to date. :shrug:

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=133&type=expert

Last edited:
Back