• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is there anything more i can do? Ebay (SSS)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkknight187

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8200679668
i can't believe i even let this happen to me i used buy it now to purchase BATTLEFIELD 2 pre-order package! ~ headset + keyboard under games, i looked over the auction a few times and never even noticed the fact that they were plainly sheisting me out of the game it didnt even come to mind because preorder package to me involves the game as when you get the preorder package the game is the vital part....and i know i messed up because the auction states "This is not the game just the preorder kit you would have gotten if you ordered it early" but even so there must be something that can be done... :bang head :bang head :bang head

I have also sent the member a message explaining myself but i have a gut feeling that i've just let go of 45$shipped for a coupon and a headset...... it's these sort of little tricks that make me start to steer away from ebay for any purchases.... i might expect it from a big time company but from a small timer i didnt expect this sort of thing to happen....

Mr_Fuchs said:
not surw what to make of this. says very clearly it's not the game. did you pay alread y?

yes it sucks payed with m/o asap as i try to be a speedy buyer hopefully they will honor the request.....i may have noticed had it been trying to get rid of it at the now going rate of 25$ for that package because thats just too low to get the actual game. if it comes to being a 45$ lesson then there isnt much i can do but maybe they will show a little heart for me

NO BUYERS REMORSE IS ACCEPTED!! A winning bid is a binding contract
^
from the auction

UNFORTUNATELY, thats how people like that make money, either selling items with BAD descriptions, or selling links to "Free item" sites :p

Free enterprise my butt.

but if the auction clearly states anywhere what is include it is the buyers issue for not properly reading it.

Battlefield 2 Logitech Headset Pre-Order Bonus

This auction is for the pre-order package that came when ordering Battlefield 2

Contents include:

A custom Battlefield 2 headset from Logitech! (Logitech is known for their high quality PC and system accessories)

$20 rebate for the Battlefield 2 keyset for Zboard (This headset makes you able to customize your Battlefield experience fully!) http://www.zboard.com/US/Battlefield2/

This package is no longer available, and you can no longer obtain these Very Rare Item

This is one great deal for Battlefield Fans

This is not the game just the preorder kit you would have gotten if you ordered it early

^^^^ the customer probably put that because people bid then retracted - probably why he does not take paypal anymoe because people cant bother to read PROPERLY and in detail what was offered.

Last edited:
Are you serious? You should really read the descriptions, especially on Ebay, and 45$ shipped for BF2, headset, and KB is wayy to good, and you know what they say.
If its too good to be true, it probably is.

Sadly there's really nothing you can do, He listed the contents accurately and Ebay does not care that many people fall for this type of listing as Ebay and usually Paypal get's a percentage of your hard earned money. I really hate to see people fall for this ploy....:(

What bothers me is that if Ebay did care, they would stop these type of listings that include a misleading picture of the item you are not going to recieve.

That auction had this picture, not once but twice is it visible. The picture states, PC CD ROM visible in the small picture, but if one looked at the large picture bells should go off when you see PC CD ROM and PC DVD ROM listed on the box.

in very small font it says this: "Pictures are used for reference only. By bidding on this auction you agree to all terms and conditions listed on this auction.. "

Since this Ebay user seems to have many font sizes and colors, it would be nice if he made this comment bold and large as it's in normal font "This is not the game just the preorder kit you would have gotten if you ordered it early"

If this guy wasn't a scumbag, it would be wriiten in this font so nobody would be mistaken

"This is not the game just the preorder kit you would have gotten if you ordered it early"

71_1_b.JPG

Ebay sellers that market this kind of ploy are borderline Trolls, imho you can only hope what come's around goes around and eventually they will get theirs. :mad:

I am a non-Ebayer. So far it seems you have to be a savvy consumer to get a good deal there. Lot of research on the product and seller. Since Ebay isnt a store you have little protection, beside outright fraud. Does Ebay mean, Everyone buy at your own risk?

You know, I have had over 120 transactions at Ebay, and was only taken once. And, Paypal returned my money.

Half my purchases have been IBM laptop stuff, and the others have been LEGOs, and ShopSmith parts.

So far, (knock on wood) I have been lucky, or safe.

That being said, I tried to buy 4 things on Overstock Auctions. 2 of the items came, but one of the sellers has since been kicked out. The other 2 were from another guy, and he got cancelled before I sent any money. He originally said he'd take Paypal, but after I won the auctions, he changed his mind. So I never sent any money. Lucked out on that one!

Ebay may not be the best possible, but it looks like the best around.

steve

I've done lots on eBay (160GB Western Digital HD, 120GB Maxtor HD, both for less than $80 each, several wireless cards, a mouse, and several games) and only been scammed once (I bought a Steam account for $40 (HL2+everything else) and it got cancelled about a month later because original buyer had used a stolen credit card). eBay is far better than any of the other auction sites, IMHO, and PayPal is the best payment service (maybe it won't be when Google makes theirs). As long as you read carefully and think, they work great. Reading carefully is the key part, though. I thought about selling my "NEW!!! Box Half-Life 2!!! HL2!". Of course, if you read carefully, you'd realize I was selling the HL2 box, and not the game.

Well i think that thhis is your mistake and your fault he clearly stated the package content!!!!!!
Just blame yourself, lololol He did nothing wrong!

This auction is for the pre-order package that came when ordering Battlefield 2

Contents include:

A custom Battlefield 2 headset from Logitech! (Logitech is known for their high quality PC and system accessories)

$20 rebate for the Battlefield 2 keyset for Zboard (This headset makes you able to customize your Battlefield experience fully!) http://www.zboard.com/US/Battlefield2/

DUHHHHHHHHH

I list on ebay and guys like you who bid and dont buy because the missread it **** me offf!!!
The seller listed the item according to e-bay policy!

dfi said:
I list on ebay and guys like you who bid and dont buy because the missread it **** me offf!!!
The seller listed the item according to e-bay policy!

He may have listed in accordance with eBay's policy, but he did it in the mose deceptive method he could.

Otherwise, his disclaimer would have been in BOLD print.

He was trying to decieve, and did!

steve

skou said:
He may have listed in accordance with eBay's policy, but he did it in the mose deceptive method he could.

Otherwise, his disclaimer would have been in BOLD print.

He was trying to decieve, and did!

steve

why should he have to post in bold ? its OK as long as the disclaimer is the same size as the rest of the ad. It wasn't hidden, it was clear as day. The disclaimer is the same size as the rest of the ad

BTW , enjoying that headset buddy ?

Back