• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dumb question: do I need to install SP1 before I install SP2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozziegn

okay, here's the deal.

a buddy of mine just gave me his old 1Ghz Dell laptop because he just bought a new one so I decided to whipe his old HDD clean with a fresh install of Windows XP Home edition.

the Dell laptop came with an XP Home edition CD for which I'm installing it as I type this. but I was wondering, do I need to install SP1 before I install SP2? if so, does anyone have a link or two as to where I can D/L SP1? I have SP2 on CD but I cannot seem to find a link to D/L SP1. I checked MS's site and I couldnt find any direct SP1 download links.

hopefully someone can help me out on this one because I'm certainly not use to working with something this old. :p

Also with 2K you can go strait to SP4.

All service packs contain all the older fixes in them aswell.
And to always be on the safe side you should download the network admin version as it is the 100% full verson of the SP

Back