• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

jjcrane's custome wooden case rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jjcrane

--Specs--
p4 3.20E prescott
Abit ic7-g dual channel memory board
2x512 DDR 400 Dual Chan
256mb DDR2 Ati Radeon 9800 Pro
Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS
10,000 RPM 36gig Sata Raptor
Antec 480w Neo Power Supply
Innovatek Liquid Cooling
7 Exhaust Fans
Custom Oak Veneer Case w/ plexiglass door

This idles at 40c load is 50c. What should i overclock this too?. What are safe / stable temp ranges i should be looking for in my cpu core. Expert advice requested.

Pics.

liquid1.jpg

liquidfans.jpg

cpu.jpg

back.jpg

Geez, that's fabulous! Some of you guys are amazing. :cool: I'm sorry I can't offer any insights on temps since I'm running a AMD. What type of wood is that?

what were temps before water....that would give a better idea of how good these are...and btw those arent that good of temps for water...i got those on a stock intel cooler... but the case looks amazing

wow, you are getting amazing air flow, but try and work on the temps, they shouldnt be that high when water cooling :)

Any insights as to why my temps would be that high? I hear that the prescott cores run hot. My temps sit around 40c when running windows / all my programs. It only jumps up to about 45 when i play battlefield 2 on max settings. Im using innovatek's protect fluid. Its non electricly conductive, and is supposed to be more thermal absorbant.

Well, he is using an inovitech kit. Hard to tell exactyl what he's got in there, but looks like an eheim pump, not familar with that water block at all. The tubing runs are kind of long as well. Also, he is on a Prescott., they do run hot!.

It look sliek you are running a 1/4" ID setup, so I'm guessing flow isn't great, but you have good pressure going into the water block.

Personally, I think a 10c delta, on that 1/4" setup isn't bad at all.

You could try shorting the tubing runs, might improve your flow a bit. And shroud the radiator (Can't tell if you have a shroud onit or not)

Back