• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zone Alarms TrueVector Shutting down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DuckDodgers

I am running ZA Pro. This morning I noticed my system is running really slow. so I reboot. Slow to restart but does. I run all my Spyware programs thinking I have a critter, nada. So I run NOD32, clean. Scandisk, good, defrag, not needed. Then Zone Alarm starts randomly shutting down " There has been a problem with ZA, True Vector is shutting Down" I restart it and in a few it does the same thing. So I uninstall ZA and re-install it. Same. I have been running for 30 mins not and it has not shut down. Any Ideas? Thanks

I ran into the same problem as well, it sounds like there is a conflict with another program starting up. The problem started when I installed LimeWire and it resolved when I uninstalled it and redid my internet connection, so I am guessing it had to do with the p2p ports. Are you running any type of peer 2 peer or torrent program?

No I refuse to use p2p. Thing is I did no installs, updates or the like. And now, after numorus reboots, it seems to be back to it's old self. Who knows. One of the great computer mysteries.. :)
Thanks for the reply.

If its vsmon.exe crashing then you might probably have your Internet Logs corrupted, a comon problem since June 9, 2005. The most reliablefix I found was to delete all your Internet Logs while in Safe Mode without Networking available. You will have to reconfigure ZA's permissions list but it will stop vsmon.exe from crashing.

I had something similar happen to me every time I'd try to run ZA... after numerous uninstalls and reinstalls nothing worked so I chunked it completely. Maybe I'll try it again keeping all this in mind.

Back