• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Web-Inventory Software?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MonroeM

Hey everybody,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a software application or package/suite that manages inventory items and can export the inventory to an HTML-based (or equivalent) database?

If that's too unclear, think of the way Newegg is laid out. I'm interested in software that you can enter in a product's definition, price, amount, photo, etc, etc, and export to a web-based structure.

I don't need something that can setup an online store (although it couldn't hurt as an extra feature I s'pose, if the software has what I need), but something that could also keep track of SKU #'s as well.

Any advice would be much appreciated. =D

Last edited:
Sounds like you want an ecommerce web set up. I know you mentioned you don't want an online store, but what would you use an online store software for if not for an online store???? :shrug:

My company (YourCityWeb, Inc. www.yourcityweb.com) creates custom setups for exactly what you are talking about.

I'm off to bed, but feel free to email me at "richard AT yourcityweb.com" if you want discuss this more!!

Essentially (I suppose), I want an eCommerce setup. Something that I can manage locally though and upload to my site.

I really just need an application that's user-friendly, holds my entire inventory, manages pictures and descriptions for products, items and assembly items, and after all this, export the list to an HTML setup, a scalable database (ASP, PHP, etc) or some other web-ready format to be put online.

Anyone know of any software that does this? Just think of the way Newegg is setup, how you browse their inventory basically and you can view pictures, etc. Think of how most online stores are like. Software that can do THAT is what I'm looking for.

Last edited:
The only thing that I can think of is called MetaCart. I stripped it down and rebuilt it for a school project, but it's technically a barebones software that is set up to do what you want.

Google "MetaCart"

Well, after using dbQwikSite PE, it turns out it's not what I need.

Hopefully someone can help me. Until then, I'll keep searching.

Back