• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can a BIX cool a CPU + GPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Encore2097

3500 Venice and some sort of mid-high range graphics card prolly x800 or higher. Can this be cooled in the same loop using a BIX with push pull and shrouds? Will have ample inlet for the front 120mm. I wanted to add a NB block cuz Im planning to get a DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D but I dont think any are available for the price i want to pay.

EDIT: Oh the pump will prolly be a D5 (thats the same thing as a MCP 655 right?)

Yes of course it can cool, the question is what temps you will be getting on the cooled components. Obviously, their are other variables that have an effect of temps.

Are you overclocking? Looking for a specific noise level?

yes it will and quiet too my PSU makes more noise then the rest.

im using 3/8 id and the same setup your talking about and im in the top 10 3dmark03 overall.

yes 3 is better than 1 but by how much 3-4C at my clocks it doesnt matter, my gpu on the other hand depends on every C on cool days i get the same as a BIX3.

last note if you can fit it buy it now the prices are golden and more is better

outhouse said:
yes it will and quiet too my PSU makes more noise then the rest.

im using 3/8 id and the same setup your talking about and im in the top 10 3dmark03 overall.

yes 3 is better than 1 but by how much 3-4C at my clocks it doesnt matter, my gpu on the other hand depends on every C on cool days i get the same as a BIX3.

last note if you can fit it buy it now the prices are golden and more is better

Thanks. Yea I'm planning on runnign stock for a while and then oc'ing most likely down the road :D. Im getting a mid-tower so Anything that will fit in there is my goal. If I could mange to fit a 2x120 or even 3x120 that would be awesome! I only chose a BIX because of space constrictions. http://store.yahoo.com/directron/cf2029bksw.html Thats the case I plan to get and im going to mod it especially fro better intake airflow.

Back