• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video playback very bugged

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phoenix87

Basically, all the colors are screwed up. No matter what video player I use or what codecs I install, this problem persists. I figured out that it happend when I updated windows after doing a fresh install. Fresh install of windows videos played back fine but after going threw automatic updates video became fubared. The ONLY time that video playback works properly is if I use quicktime. Only then are videos played fine. I have a SS of what the problem looks like.

Attachments

• problem1.JPG
    problem1.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 32
  • problem2.JPG
    problem2.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 26
I heard the nVidia drivers are to blame for WM10 wierd color issues. Try another set of drivers to correct the issue.

77.72s but I know it isnt video card drivers. I can go all the way back to 60s and still get this problem.

Ok, ive found out what is causing it, hardware acceleration. If I turn it off videos are completely normal but if I enable it the colors became overly bright and just wrong. Anyone know why hardware acceleration is causing this?

edit; I can now take screenshots of videos, before I couldnt as you can see

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I used to had to disable H/A with an old GF2 I had. Until a driver that came out was good.

The 6800's are known to have broken video. It was one of the legitemate haha's from the ATi camp. The nVidia's top of the line could not play video right. Do some searching from around the time the card was released (and a bit after) and you wil see what I mean. I completely forgot they had that issue.

Back