• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

names and brands for good hc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hung

im looking for a good hc, and im starting at ebay, can someone give me some names i can search for? i hear boneville has good hc, any suggestions would be good

if you want a heatercore:

step 1 - search this forum
step 2 - find the car your desired heatercore comes from
step 3 - head to local auto parts store and buy it
step 4 - hack the excess copper tubing off

yeah, im stuck on step 2, i need some recommendations for car heatercores lol

Most commonly used are the 2-302 and the 2-199.

Both are dual 120mm HC. The 2-302 is a bit larger. Check weapons sticky on how to mod a HC for dimesnions, and various what nots on those cores.

hey can you guys find me a link to a heatercore at autozone.com, it cant seem to find any, when i no that they have em.

You need 77 Pontiac Bonneville Heatercore, the one with A/C is better and bigger, but it requires modification(taking out the pipes, adding barbs). The one without A/C is smaller and you just have to sand and cut the original pipes. I'm pretty sure thats right. Look at weapon's sticky for all the details.

lol yeah i have my own 20 min way of adding 1/2 barbs with jb weld LMAO
i usually just cut down the piping to both 5/8" and just jb weld some fittings on there

but bad news lol, i found out that all those bix rads are on sale, getting a bix3 atm lol, so scrap this thread, but thx guys lol

Back