• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4C-800ED Bios 21 - 22

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattyhayden

Registered
Hi guys,
Just wondering if you are having any problems with the new Bios 22 or the 21.
I have flashed using both, with the Motherboard not willing to boot.
Says that Overclocking Failed,
My settings have been cmos defaults too and I am still getting the "Overclocking failed" text,
I have gone back to the trusty 19 and do not have a problem at all, getting great OC's...
Is anyone having the same problems?
Or does anyone know how to fix it?
Looks Like I'm Staying with 19 for now on, Cant really complain...

matt, exact same thing happening to me.. about to revert backto 19.. when i figure out how tocreate a bootup cd...

i went to 19 to 22... i get the exact same problems... my computer wont start unless I turn it off and turn it on two times... first time it doesnt bootup.

"overclock failed"... I suspect maybe because I didnt reset my overclock settings to default before updating the bios.

how did you iinstal your old bios?? I cant evensave my bios settings...therefore i cant boot from cd or floppy.

how did you iinstal your old bios?? I cant evensave my bios settings...therefore i cant boot from cd or floppy

Gee, Let me see if I understand your question correctly.

You have a floppy with fudos and bios 1022 on it?

But you can not boot to windows to download your 1019 bios to put on that floppy?

Which you could then use to reflash your Bios?

I was trying to follow your other thread but I am a little confused.
:shrug:

But if your posting on your computer then it seems
you just need help flashing the Bios with a floppy.Yes?

If thats your question. Download the newest version of Fudos and the bios you want from asus website put them on a bootable floppy and type in at the prompt A:\>afudos/ip4ce1019.rom

And I believe its case sensitive. If you type in the wrong command it will not hurt anything it just won't work.
http://support.asus.com/technicaldocuments/technicaldocuments.aspx?root=198&SLanguage=en-us

Last edited:
Geestring,
Hope your back using 19" and all's ok,
When I flash the bios I just use ALT+F2 on boot.
Then rename the file: P4C800ED.ROM.
Thinking about what you said with the power on / power off,
will give it a try when I get home.
I used to have an Intel 850 MD Motherboard with an AMI Bios and intel specified power it on then off when flashed to a new bios.
Keep you updated...

I flash thru the windows app, I even put a funny in the update so when I switch on I see a pic of dogbert wishing the demon of stupidity out of my computer. Never had a problem.

hey matt. thanks... i never knew about alt-f2....

but when it loads my cd... its says checking for p4c800e.rom or whatever.. and then says not found...

I burnt a cd using this guide
http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/#clean clean bios bootable cd guide ...

I dont know if that is correct... do i have to name my oldbios to the same name as what it is asking for?

Put the bios file "only" on a floppy or cd but rename it to P4C800ED.ROM first and then use <Alt>+<F2>, the floppy or cd doesn't have to be bootable to use <Alt>+<F2> just right click the file and use "Send To" to put the file on a floppy or cd.

Last edited:
then whats the point for all these bootable floppies and cds with installers made by the mobo manufacturers when you just need the .rom?

I Had The Same Problem With The 1021 Bios In The Asus Update When You Choose To Update The Bios And You Get The Update Screen Look On The Bios Image Information And Youll See The Bios Version And Date Match It To The 1021 Beta Bios And Then Youll See That Its The Beta Bios Asus Must Have A Mistake You Can Even Look In Asus Site In The Bios Info And There It Shows That You Need To Upgrade To Asus Update 5.22.02 aND iT Suppose To Be The Newest Version And With The New Bios 1023 Its The Same Exept That It Works Great Not Like The 1021.

DuduMan said:
I Had The Same Problem With The 1021 Bios In The Asus Update When You Choose To Update The Bios And You Get The Update Screen Look On The Bios Image Information And Youll See The Bios Version And Date Match It To The 1021 Beta Bios And Then Youll See That Its The Beta Bios Asus Must Have A Mistake You Can Even Look In Asus Site In The Bios Info And There It Shows That You Need To Upgrade To Asus Update 5.22.02 aND iT Suppose To Be The Newest Version And With The New Bios 1023 Its The Same Exept That It Works Great Not Like The 1021.

Whew! Just got a head ache reading this. No offense but its just one giant run on sentence. :D

Back