• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just found this today - pretty cool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Earth At Night (Beta Temporarily Closed)

Welcome, frustrated would-be planet surfer.

We appreciate your interest in accessing 3D geospatial information, but due to the technical limitations of this beta launch, Google Earth has been forced to take a brief breather. Please check back with us soon.

Thanks,

The Google Earth Team

Joy...

If you can find somebody with the executable, then your set...

or... *wisper* if you know the direct link to the executable, you can STILL download it. They just don't directly link to the file anymore... it is still there... *wisper*

I'm trying to figure out if the "pass the file around" idea is similar to the GMail invite system... being that you need to know the right people to get in...

Thats cool. Hopefully they also improve there coverage because when I used it my house we nothing really but a blur. On a MS website though for free they had better pictures. Any way thats probably resolved by now.

YMMV now... I can get in.... sometimes... I suppose they stopped downloads for a reason...

Great fun. I played around with it for many hours a day. I saw Ground Zero in New York, my road, the hotel I stayed in near Barcelona last year (I could actually see the swimming pool :O.) Yes, very useful as well as you can put a marker on your house or where ever and get directions to anywhere.

Great fun (I was bored)...

I downloaded a few days ago and this thing is great! I can see my houses, my work, where I went to school, my mates houses etc. You can look all over the world. I'm in Aus and I can see my swimming pool, but the coverage is much greater in the USA where most of you guys live. Its got street names etc for the US, canada and england.

Cant quite zoom in to see topless sunbathers yet tho...

This prog. it thight i like it i'll porbaly be up all night on it thing to find peoples house.

Back