• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Outlook 2003 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J_5

Registered
Does anyone know what file outlook stores e-mails in?
There is an e-mail in my inbox that is 53MB and is causing outlook to freez everytime I open it. I can not delete it or anything.

Thanks for the help.

The default location of your Personal Folder is...

C:\Documents and Settings | %username% | Local Settings | Application Data | Microsoft | Outlook | Outlook.pst

You can also locate the file by right clicking the root folder (probably Outlook Today), and selecting "Properties" | "General" tab | "Advanced" button | "Filename" field.
There is an e-mail in my inbox that is 53MB and is causing outlook to freez everytime I open it. I can not delete it or anything.
Try running Scanpst.exe (Personal Folders Scan/Repair Utility) against your Personal Storage (pst-) file. The Scanpst.exe tool is by default located in...

C:\Program Files | Common Files | System | MSMAPI | <local ID>

In my case, running Outlook 2002, the file is located in the following directory...

C:\Program Files | Common Files | System | Mapi | 1033

Last edited:
Back