• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asetek designed a cool new pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crimedog

linkage

WC_xtreme_screen.jpg

Colorstotal.jpg

It's a pump with a built in resevoir, which also contains a usb controller that controls pump speed, two fan's speed, has two temperature probes, can do an external lcd, and LEDs. Oh, it also runs on 12v.

Now, looking at the impeller we know this will not be a powerhouse pump, and judging by the fittings it's not going to support 1/2" tubing. However, I think it's about time someone did something innovative with pumps.

Definately looks nice. IIRC asetek shipped their kits with Hydors, I wonder if this is based off a Hydor pump at all?
Oh they do offer it with 1/2" fittings as well.

It kind of looks like it is at least based off a Hydor. No head or flow rating that I can see, but looks very cool.

I'm gonne see what I can dig up, There has to be some specs on the performance of the pump somwhere. I'm guessin gits based off of if not built around an L30 or L35. But I want to find out.

Can't seem to dig up any specs on the pump though. The asektek forums don't have anything there either (few people asking the same question, what are the specs???)

Very nice find, and kudos to Asetek for developing the thing. :)

But if they REALLY want to impress me they will need to include control software that runs in Linux too. :D

(Nice job anyway, and I am sure someone will code up something for linux...if something that already exists won't do it. ;))

rogerdugans said:
Very nice find, and kudos to Asetek for developing the thing. :)

But if they REALLY want to impress me they will need to include control software that runs in Linux too. :D

(Nice job anyway, and I am sure someone will code up something for linux...if something that already exists won't do it. ;))

Bit of a development from the days of the Eheim in a plastic bucket. Kudos also to Asetek for the product.

after some viewing i think that this pump can be a good one , with all it fetures.
an LCD conection , 2 fan controler , 2 temp moniter
but still its a hyder moded to 12V with a res in one

This pump should be able to be ran on its side as well proboly hey? I mean you would have to sit right side up to fill the res but otherwise I dont see anyproblems running it on its side.

I will have to keep an eye on this :D.

Wow, excellent idea! If the probes are waterproof, I would buy one for the software water-temperature monitering alone.

I expect that it will have a large pricetag on it however.

Jas said:
I'm gonne see what I can dig up, There has to be some specs on the performance of the pump somwhere. I'm guessin gits based off of if not built around an L30 or L35. But I want to find out.

Exactly what I thought when I saw it. Looks like a modified hydor. Just like Aqua Computers Eheim pump, just a dc -> ac converter.

Like the res design a lot.

jamesavery22 said:
Exactly what I thought when I saw it. Looks like a modified hydor. Just like Aqua Computers Eheim pump, just a dc -> ac converter.

Like the res design a lot.
I think it's more than that. Aren't AC pumps hard to control speed wise? I think the pump must be a native DC pump because of the speed control. Of course, I could be wrong.

felinusz said:
I expect that it will have a large pricetag on it however.

One Version is 68 Euro, another is 77 Euro. So what ever that comes out to in US dollars.

Not sure what the difference is between the two....

Last edited:
Cyrix_2k said:
I think it's more than that. Aren't AC pumps hard to control speed wise? I think the pump must be a native DC pump because of the speed control. Of course, I could be wrong.
maybe PWM?
or maybe no one ever tryed to control an AC pump due to the 110/220 V

Asetek has a relay they have had out for some time now, which has had software speed control built into it (it looks like they just mounted the thing to the pump in this case)

The modle number starts with 03-L which if you flip around is L-30. Not to mention the pump looks a whole heckuva lot like a hydor. So I don't think its a native 12v pump.

I could be completely wrong here, just going off the pictures. But is does look liek a somehwat gutted L-30 with their relay wired into the pump and housed on the pump, and a "reservior" has been attached to the front instead of the front nozzle.

I still think it's a native 12v pump... It could still be based off the L30, but with a different motor. They've gone through the effort of redesigning everything else, so why not the motor too? The impellor's also been redesigned (I have the L30's impellor sitting in front of me right now :p)

However, insupport of it being native AC, the outlet and impellor look like AC designs as they appear to work in either clockwise or counter-clockwise directions. DC pumps are usually designed to spin in one direction only...

Back