• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions on tubing sizes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JasonDTM

Looking at McMaster Carr, Tygon,,, I need to know which I need, I will be running 1/2" Barbs but they have diffrent 1/2" ID, and like 5/8" OD and all that, minimum is like 25ft... and I need to find a cheaper alternative to the tubing, links are welcome.

JasonDTM said:
Looking at McMaster Carr, Tygon,,, I need to know which I need, I will be running 1/2" Barbs but they have diffrent 1/2" ID, and like 5/8" OD and all that, minimum is like 25ft... and I need to find a cheaper alternative to the tubing, links are welcome.

You will need Tygon R-3603 1/2" ID 3/4"OD 1/8" wall thicknessTygon. The alternative is Clearflex 60 premium in the same sizing as stated above. The Tygon costs more but is better. Cleaflex is good but not as flexible.

Javascripterror said:
You will need Tygon R-3603 1/2" ID 3/4"OD 1/8" wall thicknessTygon. The alternative is Clearflex 60 premium in the same sizing as stated above. The Tygon costs more but is better. Cleaflex is good but not as flexible.

I disagree that you will NEED Tygon. The masterkleer is by far adequate and comes in very similar dimensions. It has near equal bend radius (1.75" vs 1.5") as Tygon for the 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD (1/8" wall). IMHO, there is no reason to go with tygon, unless you just want to say you have the best tubing. Chemical PVC which is equivalent to Clearflex 60 from what I've been told and has a bend radius of 3".

www.mcmaster.com page 82,85 respectively.

Chemical PVC which is equivalent to Clearflex 60 from what I've been told and has a bend radius of 3".
"Chemical PVC" on page 85 isn't just equivalent...it IS clearflex.

As for ordering sizes, you can order whatever size you want. I don't follow the minimum sizes they list, and I usually order 10-12ft at a time. Works fine for me.

Back