• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me please.. Xp not working right

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bestmaxx

Help me please.. Xp wont install right

Hello, i just built my new system
ASUS A8N SLI DELUXE
2x BFG 6800gt
1gig ocz 3200el ram
530w bfg psu
300gig maxtor
sb aud 2 plat
amd 3500+ venicecore

Ok the problem is this...

I put the system together and turn it on.. all is well

I go into bios and tell it to boot from the cd first on the priority list(something like that)

I format the HD.. works fine, and then the pc restarts like it says it should

I install windows(the first part,and it restarts like it says it should)

then here is there the problem is... It says the partition is corrupt,damaged, missing, blah blah blah blah.. Something like that..

and it wants me to format the HD again..

I have been through this process 3 times today and i get that same result...

Last edited:
damnit no 1 is looking at this thread.. I can't stand not having this system running.. I think my problems just got worse..

now when i put my xp disc in and when it says hit any key to boot from cd, when i press a key, no matter how many times, it does nothing. And my keyboard is on DUH lol.

I am thinking several things.... BAD IDE Cables, or possible a dieing cdrw drive.. its about 3 years old now.

I tried using my old IDE cables and now it is letting me start to format again... This may be total coincidence , or it may be theproblem(the cheap cables). I will let you guys know ASAP, although i think no one has read this thread lol.

Do you have another machine to burn a memtest cd on? Your ram could be bad. Actualy, it could be any number of things. Make a memtest cd, underclock your processor a bit, take out one of the video cards and your sound card. If it still doesn't work, then likely your cd is fubared.

the keyboard sounds like bios problam. Mine did the same thing I had to tell it to enable some device I forget its name. It was either legacy or prehiphical not sure. 48 lba lets windows control drives over the size of like 137 gb. Most new system come defualt to work with in but you may need some drivers for your bored or to turn it on in bios like said before.

Last edited:
Who are you taking it to? I'd recomend AGAINST taking it to any local shops or stores, but if you have a friend good with pc's he might know what to do. Most shops/stores have never even heard of some of the parts you have in your pc, much less know how to fix them.

Computers Plus.. It is a franchise, so i would assume thatyou would get better service there than just a small shop. I personally know the guy that runs it.

Back