• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC Rig Complete

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rekarp

Registered
First some pics

DSCN0802.jpg

DSCN0801.jpg

DSCN0803.jpg

DSCN0804.jpg

Ive been working on this guy for some time now and I finally finished it today.

Specs as follows:
2500 Mobile Barton stock speeds
512x2 PC3200 Corsair Value Ram
FX5200
Dtek WW
DD Maze 4 gpu
D4 pump
BIP 2

Temps taken with a external probe on die: Idle 30* Load 32*C Abient 27*C

Soon i will start to OC this guy and see how far i can get. On air i got the cpu at 2.2 easy at stock voltage. Im hoping to see 2.5-2.6 speeds by raising the multiplier.

Looks good. I hope you don't sleep in the same room as the computer, that thing is bright!

Wow, did you make that case yourself? Very nice job. It is very clean, and compact. I like it. :D It will be a real eye catcher at LANs.

Wow, that looks great. Very nice design, I hope you don't plan on trying to sleep while that thing is running.

thx for the comments guys :)

for more pics and info here is the link .

crash in real life it is not that bright at all. My digi camera just overexposes it in the dark.

zach yah i made the case myself. Its ruffly 15"x15"x7" without the bottom piece.

And the temps i posted are with the fans turned down so the only thing you hear is the D4 pump which isnt that bad at all.

thx guys. :D

looks nice, those 120's or 172's on the front....they look big...

They are 120mm Antec LED fans. I rarely turn them on higher than 7volts because of the noise they make. I kinda wish i went with some deltas in the front but i was pressed for space (35mm ones where to thick) and my local comp store hade them on sale for $7.99. All the fans in the case are 120mm. The rear fan is a tri-blade delta and the one in the psu and at the bottom of the case are coolermaster led fans which are silent at 12V.

what size tubing it is? the stuff looks MASSIVE.. but maybe not

Its 1/2" tubing with 1/8" walls and in this size case it does look large.

I just looked at my bios at the temp senors onboard and they must be wrong.
Saying my CPU and System temp are 37*C....

Last edited:
Never trust those onborad sensors, especially when water cooling. My on board sensor goes nuts. I don't think it can adequately read below 40c. It just jumps all over the place. (Seen this on a couple K8N Neo2's btw). One secodn it read 35 then it jumps to 47, then it jumps to 30, then it jumps to.... you get teh idea.

and just one more time, cause it is sooo sweet.

AWESOME CASE!

First off those are some really good temps. Second off all if you still think its high please read this: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=396244

Jas: you can't just automatically say that it is the onboard sensor just because yours is inaccurate. I mean one motherboard is not a representative sample of every motherboard. All of the ones I have owned have never had this issue (and yes I've had more than one). Sure they may be off a degree or two but just because they are does not mean "OMG its the sensor" every time someones temps are off. Also I read a great post by Cathar which basically said that the placement of the sensor is off and that blocks like his will not produce the greatest temps on these because they concentrate their cooling effort on the core where there is no sensor.

yah i cant trust my onboard ones any more... now it says my system is hotter than my CPu.... and my external probe hasnt moved at all in load and idle. I did make sure that the probe was right up against the die before I mounted the block so i think its just fooked up sensors :shrug:

System sensors are hard to place on mainboards because of proximity to other heat generating components, so it's quite possible your CPU could read lower.

Back