• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why does ZZF suck so bad......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hawtrawkr

I wish nothing more than that newegg would have had the bfg 7800gtx in stock.... well they didnt and i ordered one tuesday afternoon thinking that with the free 2nd day air id have it by the weekend. WRONG! things been packed since wednesday morning and never got shipped out. kind of defeats the purpose of 2nd day air when you wait a couple days before shipping it out. funny that i ordered a cpu and new mobo from newegg yesterday afternoon and its going to be here tomorrow with their fed ex standard delivery.

Ive had this problem before with ZZF and told myself I wasnt going to buy from them anymore (which i havent until this 7800 came up) needless to say there wont be a repeat performance by the time i get the card from ZZF I probably could have waited till they were in stock at newegg ordered one from them and recieved it in the same amount of time.

oh well sorry to rant just get upset when a company renames itself and says its renaming itself to more accurately reflect its buisness. maybe its just me but they should have called themselves SSF for Slow Snail Fly. the only fast part is once its been shipped and in fed ex hands.

Happend to me when i was ordering my Venice and Ultra-d. It took 4 days to process my order. And i ordered overnight shipping. So i had to call them up after 4 days and ask them wtf is up. He said oh, its ready to ship. He never offfered any compensation or anything.

i had that happen when ordering a dell 2001fp i had it as next day air and everything and 5 days later it hadnt even processed through. so i cancled the order and spent 200$ more and got a viewsonic vp201b

i just ordered a 2005fpw yesterday @ 4pm cntrl time i got an email this morning saying it had shipped and should be here friday. that shows how the same company can do things the slow and fast way. it just seems with ZZF it leans towards the slow way more often than not (im also quick to admit i dont have alot of patience with this kinda crap though)

Now we all know it takes 4 days to pull an order and put in a box...

This is why you can't complain too bitterly about Newegg's lack of combined shippping. It does make lots of small items pricey, but it also allows the process to be more automated and reliable. Hopefully this issue will be overcome at some point, and there will be that much more to like about the egg.

On a related note, try Amazon. They make ZZF look like speed demons. I hate it when a company advertises their slowest shipping as "7-10 days", when there is no carrier out there that can possibly take that long. It's pretty obvious this is the "we sit on our asses for a week and then ship it" service. Amazingly enough, if you pay them more, they can suddenly get in a box and ship in a day.

Now we all know it takes 4 days to pull an order and put in a box...

obviously none of you have worked in a large shipping company before. I have. When you get 1000s of orders a day, it can take that long. Give them a break.

Actually zipzoomfly takes a day for packing and 2nd day delivery is only becasue they would have lots of upset customers. If you compare newegg and zipzoomfly, newegg standard shipping and zipoomfly 2nd day will be delivered at the same time if you place order.

Also Newegg vs Zipzoomfly, ZZF never ships same day, I placed order with newegg and zzf for some networking stuff. Monday Night order was placed, Newegg ship it out my order tuesday and ZipZF wednesay.

my problem here is that it was listed as packed yesterday morning and dont they ship everything out in the afternoon/early evening? it all just comes down to me being a baby because i wont have my 7800 to play with over the holiday weekend though. :-/

if I order anything from newegg before 2pm central time it will almost always ship that day. Dealing with the egg so much i just kind of expect that shipping but ive dealt with ZZF numerous times and expect their slow process and pack times. I guess i just keep hoping theyll quicken the pace on it. monarchs just as slow (which compared to alot of vendors ZZF and monarch are both pretty fast)

dicecca112 said:
obviously none of you have worked in a large shipping company before. I have. When you get 1000s of orders a day, it can take that long. Give them a break.

Then, pray, why advertise as 2nd day shipping? I don't care what happens at the back end. When I pay for 2nd day, I want second day, not 2nd day two years from now. :D

dicecca112 said:
I understand many companies are overwhelmed by the natural consequences of the very business they endeavor to promote, don't expect me to find that "normal". When this country is just a suburb of China it will be for reasons exactly like this.

dicecca112 said:

I work at the Target Distribution center here in Indy, We process approx 75-80,000 cartons of freight each day during the slow time of year and approx 175-200,000 during the busy holiday season. That is 75-80,000 coming in and roughly the same number going out. If they can't handle the volume of business they are doing in an expediate manner then they need to hire more help, Or management needs to streamline the process. Because when all is said and done people can buy these products from numerous sources and IMO customer service will be the factor that leads people to continually pick one vendor over another. That is why Newegg is always option number 1a-1b-and 1c with me, And it takes a pretty drastic price difference to get me to shop elsewhere.

dicecca112 said:

Granted but,...living in the world of internet and convienience, most will never work in a big warehouse and...won't put up with "big warehouse" delays either. I know I wont' and cant'. Time is money sonny! :)

ZZF has done the same exact thing to me and I won't allow it anymore.

last time i placed a ZZF order i shared a similar experience, they took their time shipping it but it ended up exactly matching newegg in time from order to delivery.

crimedog said:
last time i placed a ZZF order i shared a similar experience, they took their time shipping it but it ended up exactly matching newegg in time from order to delivery.

was that with zzf 2nd day vs neweggs fed ex saver (or whatever its called)?

Im really to blame here though I didnt realize when ZZF said free 2nd day they meant theyll ship it the 2nd day after its been packed. :p

normaly (well the last time i bought something from ZZF anyway) the transaction when like this. no matter what time I ordered an item it didnt get processed until the next evening. then the day after that it would be packed and shipped out that afternoon/early evening. now they process them a little faster (and I really mean a little) and just let them sit for the diffrence in time at least in my past few experiences Im sure everyones is diffrent though as Ive heard people say theyve ordered from newegg and not had the order ship for 4 or more days. Im glad ZZF at least changed from offering UPS 2nd day to FedEx though as Ive always liked FedExs tracking and delivery alot more than UPS.

in the end it could be worse. my all time favorite crap vendor is still Directron though. they will take your order. then take your money. then be kind enough to let you know that the item you purchased that said was "in stock" isnt really in stock at all.... but dont worry theyll send it right out when they get more in the next week or two :rolleyes: this happend to me when i ordered a gainward 6800gt and they pulled this crap on me. needless to say i havent even visited their site since.

hawtrawkr said:
in the end it could be worse. my all time favorite crap vendor is still Directron though. they will take your order. then take your money. then be kind enough to let you know that the item you purchased that said was "in stock" isnt really in stock at all....
Ha! Directron is clockwork in comparison to SVC.

I too had problems with ZZF. I ordered a few 10k and 15k SCSI drives for a server project (over $5000 worth of stuff) on a Tuesday. I received a shipped confirmation and tracking number a week later, due to the fact I had pay through an Electronic Check. That was fine with me, as I was warned that a Credit Card payment is much faster than a E-Check and would take a week to process. Then I waited another week... and no hard drives showed up.

I first check my tracking number (as I was busy the whole week and I had not checked the tracking number)... and it says it was an invalid number. I call up UPS, and they tell me it is a legit number, but it meant that the item had not left the ZZF's warehouse. I called up ZZF, and they told me they had no idea where my order was.

That's not very comforting to me... and somehow I kept my cool during the whole thing; I just told them I want them here ASAP. They overnighted the package and I was greeted with it the next day.

Nice try with a overnight save, but they had already dropped the ball IMO. I needed the drives a 3 days before I finally got them. I will not recommend ZZF to anyone because of that fiasco.

larva said:
Ha! Directron is clockwork in comparison to SVC.

lol im afraid to ask how come you seem to know the worst places around. sadly enough im sure its from experience. I havent dealt with svc but as in the know as you are about everything else you post on im just going to take your word for it and steer clear.

I won't complain about a vendor unless I've experienced their shortcomings personally. SVC's handling order and fulfillment, in my experience, poses nothing but shortcomings (but at least they usually make things right without too much drama). With some companies luck is a prerequisite for your order to be handled professionally, and I am anything but lucky.

hawtrawkr said:
lol im afraid to ask how come you seem to know the worst places around. sadly enough im sure its from experience. I havent dealt with svc but as in the know as you are about everything else you post on im just going to take your word for it and steer clear.
I have ordered from svc numerous times and have never had a problem. They have always been great.

wow..... you folks are a tough crowd....... I've dealt with all of the above. Some venders are slow as hell, however they don't advertise to be fast either. I've had some issues with ZZF also but generally if you order something on Monday, you'll have it before the weekend. Same goes for Newegg. Order it on Tuesday and your cutting it close. Order on Wednesday and you'll be waiting until Monday to get it. Of course not everyone has patience like me.... :D

Edit: Cool thing about SVC is they send stuff priority mail which means they'll deliver it on Saturday...... can't tell you how many times I've gotten stuff delivered from SVC on Saturdays.......

Yup, I agree with Houserat. I have ordered from ZZF and it came fast enough for my needs, like 4 days or so, and the shipping was free. Personally, with computer parts there is nothing that I need so soon that I can't wait. I don't lose money every minute they are late, and I order them a week before I *need* to have them, which makes me less than critical of their shipping practices.

Back