• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

watcha think of woot.com? watcha think of recertified items?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tazon

today's woot is an Infocus 4805 DLP projector, i am very interested in it and it is 300 cheaper than anywhere else, but i never dealt with woot, and never bought recertified items. i did a serach on this forum and found only two posts discussing woot, saying only nice things. So i decided to create this post for my own need and for future searchers.

emilio

Factory refurbished items are generally in like new condition because they generally have been tested and repaired by the engineers who built or designed the product. I've bought factory refurb consumer electronics devices from online and local stores and never had a problem with any.

Newegg refurbs are another story

I picked up the 4800DLP model a couple weeks ago (this week's deal is the model up) - I recieved the projector promptly (within 4 business days), and it was packaged very safely/professionally.

You could tell my projector had been used by some light scratch marks on the lense itself, and slight cosmetic scratches on the surface of the unit - but it seems to be working just fine.

As with anything refurbed you're taking a bigger chance than if you were to by new, the most common problem with these projectors is the color wheel wearing out and needing replaced. However I jumped on it anyway, and so far am happy with my purchase (mine was $500, screen will be another $60 or so when I'm finished), and it's the perfect compliment to my very nice HT audio setup.

Back