• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the abit equivalent to asus p4c800e dlx?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ukdan

Gone through 3 boards now, one day every thing is fine next day no boot.
Doing my head in!
wanna try something else before i throw it out the window.... :bang head

Yes indeed. The IC7-G. You won't find a Max III, and you probably wouldn't want one over the IC7-G. The G has better MOSFET's than the Max III, and has better vTT tracking. The Max III boarss had a voltage tracking issue.

If you have a Prescott, get you some RAM sinks and sink all the MOSFET's and PLL's. They get hot and this will keep you from smoking them. precott's are famous for blowing out MOSFET's. Your PWM temps will go down 8-10C. Mine went down 10C after I installed them.

I used OCZ copper ram sinks, and custom cut them to fit each MOSFET. You've got a great PSU. That OCZ 520 is a good one! It's really got some balls on the 12v rail.

Sorry to see you are having problems. Hope this helps you to get things back up and running. :)

Thanks 3DFlyer, that helps a lot.
cheers
dan

3DFlyer made some good points. I might add one little footnote. He said the IC7-G has better VTT tracking. Actually, the VTT tracking on the IC7-G and Max3 is exactly the same up to 2.8v which is as high as the IC7-G goes. The Max3 don't start having tracking problems until you run vdimm above 2.8v. Regardless, the Max3 is almost impossible to find and the mosfets on the IC7-G do seem to be more robust.

Ive ordered the IC7 G. So will my ocz ddr booster be ok in it then?

Not unless you do some mods. When you raise the vdimm above 2.8v, the VTT tracking will be off just like on the Max3.

I wont use it anyway, it was the ddr booster arcing on the heatspreader of my ram thats been killing my asus boards.
an expensive mistake but at least the ram is still ok

Back