• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me select water cooling parts for a new pc.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dguy6789

First of all, this is my motherboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813131540

I will also be running an Athlon 64 X2 4800+ and Geforce 7800GTXs in SLI.

I need the water cooling system to cool the cpu and the GPUs.

I am familiar with water cooling as I have used it about two years ago. I am unfamilier with the current good stuff.

Please tell me what are good cpu blocks and good gpu blocks, as well as a resovoir, pump, and radiator/heatercore/fan combo. I would like to use the optimal tubing, and have the same size tubing on the entire thing. I would like the cpu block to use the mounting mechanism on the motherboard, and the gpu blocks to use the gpu mounting holes.

If possible, I would like to be able to get everything needed off of one site.

Getting everything from one site is going to be a little difficult, but it might be possible.

First, I would browse around in this section...recommendations for projects like this are made pretty often, and there's already a ton of good info out there.

That said, I would recommend the Swiftech MCW6002 for your CPU block, and probably DD Maze4's for your GPUs. Pump/Radiator are often debated, so that's a good subject to search around on.

I would recommend either MasterKleer 7/16" ID or Clearflex 60 1/2" ID for your tubing. Both are available under chemical PVC tubing at McMaster.com.

Thanks, any more input? I think I will get those water blocks, at 1/2" since it appears to be more common.

I still need a radiator and a resovoir.

about the maze4 I would recommend you email dangerden, they have a really responsive tech support email address (www.dangerden.com) and they will tell you. Also I would recommend a T-line over a reservoir since a reservoir is just another part that could malfunction on you. For radiator I recommend a Pontiac Bonneville 1977 (with a/c) heatercore which you can get for like 20 bucks at an autozone (http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=304440). Also you will need a shroud and two 120mm fans for it.

If the 7800GTX has the same mounting holes as the 6800 series, then yes, the block should work.

For the radiator - are you building outside the case or inside? How much space do you have? Are you on a tight budget, or going for looks?

Also I would recommend a T-line over a reservoir since a reservoir is just another part that could malfunction on you.
Agreed. I also prefer having a T-line...it simplifies things.

Back