• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

h20 kit help COOLER MASTER ALC-U01

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

donnydarko312

hey guys i am new here but not to pc's . I just had a question, i just got a really good deal on coolmaster aquagate-COOLER MASTER ALC-U01- I know this will not be as good as a diy kit, but i would like input on how well this performs. i read some reviews on it. The major theam in complaints is hose size .i was going to buy a bigwater kit from thermal take . But i got this at a much better price . those who have this kit or have seen it action input would be very help full.

I have a amd 2600+ mobile @2.45Ghz 225fsb 1.675 v core idle temps 46c socket 43c die ,35c mob my heatsink is a thermaltake silent boost with a thermaltake smart fan II pushing 75 cfm

i want to try to hit 2.6 or 2.7 ghz or higher if possible

its not bad, its just not that much better than top end air cooling (thermalright xp-120 + high flow delta). However it should be a step up from your current stuff. So its just a matter of can you afford to spend more for better or is this all you can spend (and if so how much you spending?)

I got it for 95$ , The thermaltake was going to be more than that so i did not go with it. I have been thinking befor it gets here how it will perform . I was thinking of modding the hose size to somthing bigger and adding another radiator that has 120mm fan on it or even two to the loop . such as a moded 1977 chevy heater core or somthing.

do you think it will help?

well i got it and man is this thing is cool !!
i know it has been said to be not the best water cooling. but with a thermaltake 120mm radiator and this unit . i am running at 34 c idle 40 load with my 2600+ running a 1.85 votes @ 2.6 225fsb
hit over 55,000 in aquamark with stock nvidia 6800nu :clap:

i would post pics but i dont have a digital camera

Back