• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Redid my v2000b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Well I finaly got around to redoing my watercooling in my Lian Li v2000b. I changed the WW to a G4, the 3 120mm Enermax for 3 120mm Delta tri-blades, and added a Maze4 Acetal top to the 6800GT. I also changed the tubing from 1/2"ID 3/4"OD to 7/16"ID 5/8"OD.

Pic 1
Pic 2

For those that don't remember or never seen it the first go around here it is

Last edited:
Well as of right now with it being summer, I am getting the same temps stock that I get when OCed. I don't know if thats cause of the added length or summer temps.

yeah, I'm kinda on the fence on whether to add a 2nd pump, and I noticed that you cool your gpu before the cpu, so was really curious as to how much differences in temps from your previous setup w/ the old fans and new fans etc.

When I added the GPU block temps went up at most 1C. I've read many things at many places that putting the GPU or the CPU first really doesn't hurt temps all that much. As the water is never in one place long enoguh to heat up that much. Damn it just hit me that I forgot to do a UV shot.

all i cay say is, DAMN. That case looks like it was made for watercooling with all that space. looks pretty good

-1cem4n

Wicked_Klown said:
When I added the GPU block temps went up at most 1C. I've read many things at many places that putting the GPU or the CPU first really doesn't hurt temps all that much. shot.

If you have a big enough radiator. Adding a GPU block on a 120mm radiator added like 15°C for me.

I guess I did forget that I no longer have my stats in my sig. My rad is a Thermochill 120.3 with three 120mm Delta tri-blade high speed fans.

Have you ever ran it with just one pump? And, if so, how much difference is there between using 1 or 2? Also, have you noticed any effect with all the additional tubing you've got now?

Ok with the Lian Li case there has always been two pumps. I did this cause I was thinking of getting the G4 and adding a video block later. As said before with the summer heat I can't really tell yet. I'm going to have to wait til fall to see if the added tubing increased my temps. Right now in July I have the same temps stock that I had in march when running at 3.5GHz and shorter tubing.

Wicked_Klown said:
Ok with the Lian Li case there has always been two pumps. I did this cause I was thinking of getting the G4 and adding a video block later. As said before with the summer heat I can't really tell yet. I'm going to have to wait til fall to see if the added tubing increased my temps. Right now in July I have the same temps stock that I had in march when running at 3.5GHz and shorter tubing.
Thanks. I'm planning on moving the air cooled system in my Sonata into a V1200 and water cooling it, but I was thinking to use only one D5 with a Thermochill 120.3, Maze 4 for the GPU and, now, probably one of the Swiftech Storm G4 blocks on the CPU. I guess I'll be trying it and see what happens. I can always add a pump. :D

Klown, could you host the pics on another provider. I can't see em and am dying in my seat trying to. I want to play too.... :bang head

Pretty nice, Only gripe I have is, do you think you could hold the cables up a bit with a zip tie in that unussed hole on the right side? I know you can't see it anyways with the door on, but your PSU will get a bit more air. :D

I wanna get that case. :(

Cerberus2k7 said:
Pretty nice, Only gripe I have is, do you think you could hold the cables up a bit with a zip tie in that unussed hole on the right side? I know you can't see it anyways with the door on, but your PSU will get a bit more air. :D

I wanna get that case. :(

The PSU is getting a good amount of air. I have the two 80mm fans on back pulling air in for the PC P&C 510 Deluxe and for the MeanWell S320. Still looking to make the wiring look pretty but performance comes first.

Cerberus2k7 said:
If you did what I suggested it would look even prettier and give more air. :p

Right now there is 100cfm of air flowing through. I can place my hand on on the metal dividing the PSU and HDD chamber and can feel air moving. Seeing as all the wires are round they really don't slow down all the much air. As for looks no one sees the inside of the computer down there.

Back