• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with bleeding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tyrant222

Hey people,

I have a slight problem that is increasingly ****ing me off.

Well after dangerden changed their prices I bought a Black Ice X2.

Now the BIX2 replaced my old BIP in my case. I replaced the rad with everything still installed and did not have a problem at this point.

Once I turned everything on I did find it was difficult to get all the little bubbles out of the rad. But after shaking the hell out of my case and letting it stay overnight, there are no more bubbles and shaking the case doesnt do anything.

I have also already added a drop of dishwashing liquid to help things too.

Now the problem I have had is that my reservoir's water level changes when the computer is turned on. When I turn off the computer, it goes up. The change is about half a centimeter. but it is enough a change to blow the top of my reservoir.

When the pc gets turned on it goes down about half a centimenter. What exactly is causing this and how do i fix it.

here is a pic of my setup when i had the BIP installed for reference.
finishinstall.JPG

thx

This happens when using a res in your system. If I remember right it also happens with a t-line( been awhile since I turned my system off). When I was using a res I would have the water go down about 1/2" and sometimes more.

it just seems odd to me though because it never did this with my black ice pro.

could it just be because of the bigger rad?

The BIX III I've got in my V2100 does the same thing. I had a pressure valve on the res (that was basically for bleeding air out of the system when filling it) that would start to leak when the computer was turned off but that sealed fine when the machine was turned on. I ended up just putting a plug in the hole after the system was mostly full. But, near as I can tell this is normal behavior.

ya it seems its normal. Thx guys for the input.

for now i just unscrewed the cap on my res some more and that seems to have done the trick. seems the air is bleeding out the small screw hole at the top now. i had it closed all the way before. dont know why.

first off nice rig, i like the cable management.
secondly, yes this is common in systems that are not air tight. that could just be from the res getting a littl air into it. i have a T and a DD fill port. when the port is tight my water levels dont go down, but the tubing in the T shrinks a little bit. this is due to the negative pressure.

actually on second thought its not because its air tight, it instead is because the res is hard so it cannot be affected by the active vacum in the line. if you just leave it a little low, and make sure the lid is tight you shouldnt have any problems.

Back