• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need water block designs for CNC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Big One

at first i was going to make block old fashion way , with normal tools.
BUT then i found a CNC i can get my hands on.

so ppl , i ask u , plz give me designs for CNC , my first choise was a cross flow blocks. u need : CPU (A64) , GPU (9800pro and 6600GT ) , nb ,hdd.

thx to anyone that helps

It may be easier to use current WB designs at first, until you learn more about WB design and construction. At that point you can begin designing your own blocks.

I suggest you start with something easy, say a Maze 4 or some other cross flow design. After you get the hang of that, you can try something a little harder like some sort of partial impingement design...ala White water, or Cascade. If you are really daring you can try and reproduce something similar to a Storm G4....just make sure you give credit where its due ;) (to Cather).

Good luck and have fun!

i need u to see my problem
i found someone who has a CNC he can use,
and we both want to make blocks for us.
but due to the fact that don't know how to make good CNC design files and i don't have a lot of time . i need help

my main idea for design for all blocks is cross flow

THIS is a GREAT place to look for DIY blocks. (procooling's WB design area) but ill tell ya, IF you post there, be ready for some "hard truth". (they dont pull any punches for noobs there ;) )

GOOD LUCK

Ahh, I see...you are looking for someone to send you some files that will translate right into your CNC.

Sorry, I can't help you there. However, I will suggest you go to Procooling.com and ask over there. That is a site more dedicated to watercooling design.

Good luck!

P.S.
Are you making for your own personal use, or are you going to sell them?

What you would have to do is have someone create some .dwg files in Autocad and then run them through a programs such as Surfcam, which would translate them into the various machine codes required by the different CNC manufacturers...

make a rough sketch in paint or whatever. specify what you want to mount it on, and Ill make you the DWG. After this weekend of course, :p .

thx , thx , thx
you saved my WC rig to be.
i'll send u some rough sketchs in the next 24 hours

Back