• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I play ps2 on my monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rockafella134

I have Windows XP with Media Center. I have TV tuner card too. I plug the red,white,yellow cables to TV tuner card and opened Media Center. I can watch live tv from channel 2-64 but how do I set it so I can play ps2 on my monitor?

- it all depends on how many input jacks you have on your card - you may need to get some RCA splitter box from radio shack, i am assuming your input onle has 1 so it is eiter TV or PS2

also, PS2 wont look better on a monitor at all - it would likely look worse.

Do you use a Coax cable for your TV? If you use the Coax for your TV, and plug your PS2 in w/ the RCA jacks, you'll have to change your input selection from Coax to RCA to receive a picture.

Mr.Guvernment said:
also, PS2 wont look better on a monitor at all - it would likely look worse.

This is also true. It won't look horrible, but it won't look as good as it would if you were playing it on a TV. I use my TV card w/ my Gamecube, and while it's very playable, it doesn't look as good as it would on a TV.

Last edited:
Back